beer November Brewdown - New England style IPA

I brewed the tripel with an oz of Columbus steered late, and then dry hopped it with 2 oz Pacifica mid primary, and then dry hopped it on the last day of primary with 2 oz additional Pacifica as well as another oz of Columbus for good measure ...

Cleanest beer I've brewed in a half-dozen batches, LOL ...

(three gal batch)

wheebz said:
J, i cant find my rating paper, but I remember you scored a 37 out of 50 on that one

good job bud

other dude ranked it a 35

Thanks wheebz!

I am part of a different sort of homebrew club out here.  It is the kind where members can bring in any kind of beer (homebrew and commercial) and everyone there gets a score sheet that has different categories to score the sample with a maximum score of 10.  A few came up to me afterwards and said they really liked the beer and gave it a 10 out of 10, including someone who just came back from the east coast visiting his daughter and brought in some Heady Topper for everyone to sample 

Final Gravity around 13

Bottled.  I hope this works out.  I got inspired by a brewery that is near me called hammerheart.  They are the most unique brewery I have seen.  All of their beers are either smoked or aged in oak barrels and surprisingly all tasty as well.  I have never used smoked grains in a beer before so I have no idea if I used too little or too much so we will see...

Back