• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest November Throwdown

For the waffle throwdown....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this is the kind of thread derailing that I have missed since IGG and Sickmont went away and PF went back to work. :clap:

and I still don't have the patience to [THP search] ...wtf is a "Hot Brown"?!?!?

link to original td or other post would be appreciated~~~~ :)

and I still don't have the patience to [THP search] ...wtf is a "Hot Brown"?!?!?

Here's the one I made for the throwdown......

The Kentucky Hot Brown:

100_0797.jpg

100_0798.jpg

100_0799.jpg

Ingredients:

-Crusty bread of your choice (this was sourdough)
-Smoked turkey breast
-Thick-sliced bacon, chopped or whole
-flour
-bacon fat for roux
-whole milk
-heavy cream
-parmesean/romano cheese
-shredded habanero cheddar
-tomatoes
-T-scorp powder
-habanero slivers

The bacon is fried to a medium crispy, then drain all but a few tablespoons of the pan drippings. Add the flour and whisk to a nice blonde roux. Crank up the heat to high and the milk and cream go in.....stirring constantly. When the "bechamel" comes together, add in the parmesean, romano, and habanero cheddar to create the mornay sauce. Season with T-scorpion powder and S&P.

Lightly butter on side of your bread and place under the broiler for about 3 minutes, or until browned. Place toasted side up on the plate, add your pre-smoked turkey, bacon, sliced tomatoes, and cover with the mornay sauce.

Place the plate under the broiler to lightly brown the surface of the sauce. Sprinkle with more T-scorpion powder, a bit of pepper, and slivers of orange habanero......garnish....and serve!

You will never meet a more sinful sandwich in your whole life! Smokey, cheesey, crunchy, bacony plate full of pure heaven! Retta would step over her own mother to have it! And I KNOW mine is better than the original from the Brown Hotel.

was that the sandwich TD? I remember that entry now.

I remember the entry, didn't remember the name~ sorry, amigo :oops:

Mmmm...this thread has gotten me thinking about stroopwafels. I can't remember the last time I had those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back