contest November Throwdown

For the waffle throwdown....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I used hog casings for one of the test models for this month's TD. Didn't buy a sausage maker though, as all I wanted was to stuff the casing. But I can tell you I won't do that again, at least not willingly - working with the casing wasn't easy, and it was kind of slimy and gross. Not to mention I'm just not a huge ground meat fan - I prefer a slab, thank you!

Saw it on TV once and I agree didn't look fun

What is this "sausage maker" you refer to :) I would have trouble doing without my meat grinder and sausage stuffer. Sausage making is so easy and addictive, and there are endless types of sausage to make which are usually far better than the "meat byproduct" stuff you get at the grocery store/butcher. Waffles on the other hand are just fancy flap-jacks in my opinion

I would have to agree they would taste much better home made.

Actually waffle batter should be quite different than pancake or flapjack batter. Waffle batter is apparently made with egg yolks and the whites are whipped separately and folded in just before cooking. There is also said to be a difference in the thickness and oil content. I think it was "Good eats" where they discussed this but I can't seem to find the episode online

Mine is exactly the same.....minus a bit of oil in the waffle batter.

...which might, in fact, be the trouble! ;)

choices, choices, choices!

Snoqualamie Falls Lodge pancake and waffle mix, my mom's whole wheat recipe (naw, too hippy for this crowd :lol: ) or my girlfriend's recipe that is like geeme said, mix separate, let it rest, fold in the whites.....I gotta say, they were delicious! Hhhhmmmm-

BUT! considering what I'm gonna do to them after they're cooked, might just go with a mix~

OH MAN! Just got an even BETTER idea! OH YEA! OH YEA! :dance: :dance:

BTW, just bought a belgian waffle maker for $12 American (8.60285 EUR, don't know what kind of money Aussies use) at ROSS discount store.

I have no damned idea (yet) what to do with a waffle except put a lot of butter on it and eat it with a big pile of bacon.

I must focus.....

shimp n' waffles
lobster n' waffles
shrimp n' lobster n' crab w/ hush-puppied waffles
waffles and sausage gravy
stuffing (dressing) waffles with turkey and cranberry
pumpkin waffles with freshly-shot canned beans
Dry Eggos and PBR

I could go on...

shimp n' waffles
shrimp n' lobster n' crab w/ hush-puppied waffles
stuffing (dressing) waffles with turkey and cranberry
pumpkin waffles with freshly-shot canned beans
Dry Eggos and PBR

I could go on...

eggos and PBR's...might have to get the little bro in on that one. He's a big PBR fan, right up there with the bud55 in the "bhut"(that is not a bhut) video :lol:
-

besides the shimp waffles---

it's not pumkin waffles with freshly shot beans.... it's BACON WAFFLES with a can of freshly shot Kentucky Baked Beans!

xoxo to Pauly :cool:

my waffle throwdown is morphing as we speak......

:rofl:

Did I miss something Paul? You have now started shooting beans too? I thought it was just potato salad.:lol:

Mini waffle pizzas?

Fish waffle tacos?

(X) waffle tacos/fajitas?---(insert value for (x))

Waffle quesadillas?

....holy crap....I think I have an idea!!! :woohoo:

Trial run on the new waffle iron tonight.
Doing chicken and waffles. Busting out the frydaddy outside, and the waffles inside.
Prob no pics. Just know I'm practicing!

I'm going to practice with some chicken and waffles PA Dutch style for Pi sometime soon. Don't think that is going to be my entry though. I have a pretty good idea I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back