• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Now That's Vacuum Packed!

Note, the largest bag is all bird peppers. That's a LOT of small peppers. :) I vacuumed sealed some froze peppers so they'll last much longer w/o freezer burn concerns.

Chris

P1070432.jpg

Chris...how long will they last in the freezer?...until they are gone?... :lol:

That is lot of clean hot peppers my friend this year I dehydrated all my peppers they can stay that way forever also will make some mix peppers hot sauce like usually.

Looks good.

Won't you nullify the longer lasting as soon as you only need one pepper outta the bag...?

I plan on using most of the bag when I decide to open them. They can be resealed too if need be. I've never made hot sauce before, but I think it's time to try.

Unfortunately, I have trouble finding uses for all the peppers as it's hard. I enjoy powders the most and fresh pods in recipes. I use them in chili a lot as well.

My wife bitched me out big time today and said it's time to grow more diverse stuff in the garden. This happened when I tossed a 13 GALLON trash bag full of frozen pods from 2007 that had freezer burn. The rabbit manure I brought in late 2006 did wonders. It was easily the most pods I ever harvested.

Yes, I know what I just did is considered unjust to all pepperheads. lol.

I go through Thai peppers, Tobasco powder, bird peppers, lemon drops, and others C. Frutescens quite quickly. There will always be a place for super hots in my garden, but my focus will change next year.

My wife tells me it's time to start a business. lol.

Chris

cmpman1974 said:
I tossed a 13 GALLON trash bag full of frozen pods from 2007 that had freezer burn

:shocked: damn thats ALOT!!
just curious how many plants do you grow on average or the size of garden for chile plants ? I saw your recent pictures of the raised beds with greens.

BTW very nice packs of chiles!

I do...I dried easily as many as I tossed and made tons of powder. :)

I grow maybe 100-125 plants I'd say. Raised beds can be VERY productive once you get the soil amended properly. I'd never see any similar yields in my native ground soil as it's mostly clay here.

Chris

Brokensea said:
Curious why you don't dry some as well?

Good crop of peppers, good method to save them too. I've seen double bagging recommended for peppers in the freezer..the vacuum seal uses heavier material so should be an improvement in preventing freezer burn.

cmpman1974 said:
I plan on using most of the bag when I decide to open them. They can be resealed too if need be. I've never made hot sauce before, but I think it's time to try.

Unfortunately, I have trouble finding uses for all the peppers as it's hard. I enjoy powders the most and fresh pods in recipes. I use them in chili a lot as well.

My wife bitched me out big time today and said it's time to grow more diverse stuff in the garden. This happened when I tossed a 13 GALLON trash bag full of frozen pods from 2007 that had freezer burn. The rabbit manure I brought in late 2006 did wonders. It was easily the most pods I ever harvested.

Yes, I know what I just did is considered unjust to all pepperheads. lol.

I go through Thai peppers, Tobasco powder, bird peppers, lemon drops, and others C. Frutescens quite quickly. There will always be a place for super hots in my garden, but my focus will change next year.

My wife tells me it's time to start a business. lol.

Chris

That would be the logical path starting a buisness chris :)

Back