• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Now this is cool - Aeroponics

really, for chili ?

this is such an interesting method.. i will have to look further into this for my herb garden..lol

My basil plants, well, two of them are in a hydro system now. And the light comes from LEDs! This was snapped yesterday, one day after I pluck them from the garden (they needed thinned out)

Basil.jpg

Mike

Hotpeppa,

Maybe it's just the local store pretty much being a monopoly, but I can go on line and buy systems way cheaper than I can by driving up the road. I bought a giant six plant (HFS?)system, with nuits and chemicals to adjust the pH for $37 which included shipping. The store wanted $54 and it didn't include any nuits. I have a Bhut, Basil, Limon and two worthless toms in one system and three toms in another.

My goal - well one of them - this winter is to build a system where I can grow about 8 heads of loose leaf lettuce (Simpson Elite) at a time. Sow one plant a week. Two tomato plants, four Basil plants (to sell so I can afford this stuff!)

Ya know, I wonder if one can grow carrots hydroponically? Imagine starting one in October and letting it grow until August then entering it into the Fair., Especially if I can grow it in a 5-gallon bucket.

Mike

willard3 said:
I've been growing chiles in aeroponics for 15 yrs. It works very well.

really, :shocked:
do you have photos of the set up ?
i would really be interested in seeing it, thanks willard.

:shocked:
wordwiz said:
Hotpeppa,

Maybe it's just the local store pretty much being a monopoly, but I can go on line and buy systems way cheaper than I can by driving up the road. I bought a giant six plant (HFS?)system, with nuits and chemicals to adjust the pH for $37 which included shipping. The store wanted $54 and it didn't include any nuits. I have a Bhut, Basil, Limon and two worthless toms in one system and three toms in another.

My goal - well one of them - this winter is to build a system where I can grow about 8 heads of loose leaf lettuce (Simpson Elite) at a time. Sow one plant a week. Two tomato plants, four Basil plants (to sell so I can afford this stuff!)

Ya know, I wonder if one can grow carrots hydroponically? Imagine starting one in October and letting it grow until August then entering it into the Fair., Especially if I can grow it in a 5-gallon bucket.

Mike

:shocked:

wow, thats wicked.... any photo's of the set ups ?

i'm looking into starting my first indoor
Hydroponics system for the coming winter.. how much do you think i will need to spend for a quality system with all the nuits and everything else for about 15-20 plants ? any ideas ?

I would start out by doing a search for hydro units and see what appeals to you, then ask about the system you like. If you are handy with a drill and saw, you can probably build your own for less than $30 (for 6-8 plants) and use over the counter nuits. You will also need some way to check the pH and it doesn't hurt to check the nuit level. Then the lights.

Mike

wordwiz said:
I would start out by doing a search for hydro units and see what appeals to you, then ask about the system you like. If you are handy with a drill and saw, you can probably build your own for less than $30 (for 6-8 plants) and use over the counter nuits. You will also need some way to check the pH and it doesn't hurt to check the nuit level. Then the lights.

Mike

thanks, i think i am getting ahead of myself here a little... this is a little overwhelming..but i still want to try it and see what happens...

this is the system that caught my eye - check it out and let me know what you think - thinking of building this somehow -

http://http://www.astrogrow.com/products_aeroponics.htm

i am going to take some pics coming up but my computer is messed up. its just a small home made one from a old pump from my hydro system and a rubbermade tub. i still have a few things to work out and get it to stop leaking. i use clonex rooting compound and clonex clone solution. i also add a small amount of liquid karma and pure blend pro grow. i just started taking cuttings about a month ago and the average time to root is 6 days.

hey coool, some dude just asked bout growing Bih's aeroponically sweeet ya can ,, Thanks i love the clone roooting in 6 days.. oh yea i can see what im making today :)

thanks heaps

Back