food NW Shennanigans 11-8 BOOM!

Teaser- 

too lazy to walk out to the Kitch to take an actual picture, but I think y'all know what shrimp, pears and chocolate look like.

Ruminate on THAT!   :rofl:  !!!

Wow. Such an exciting start. :lol: I can see where this is going.

Whaaat?!?!??? I gots my shopping done, gonna cook tomorrow. I'll have pics starting early .... well, early for ME!

OK....another ingredient......PORK!

pork, chocolate, pears, and shrimp............ figure that one out~~~ ;)

:)

That's three proteins I thought it was pick two for Surf & Turf. :?:

SURF & TURF!!!!

multiple surfs or multiple turfs acceptable

Oh okay. Getting all epic and sheez.

Seasons change and so do I. :lol: We were going to have two teams with two people on each, and we were each going to do a protein.
Now, it's just SL and me, and I ain't bringin no knife to a gun fight.

Slow starting, but tomorrow is when we'll be kickin up dust, and pourin the HHwiskey. enjoy the show.

Oh yeah... DANCE! SalsaLady! DANCE!

View attachment 5476

That's not the fresh Copper River... whattchu got? I have some of them 21-25's~~~

I suppose that's one thing about shopping at the same store.... we kinda know what's available.

Just had some pan-fried seasoned cod for dinner.

I'll be doing the VIctory Dance while you'll be channeling Johnny Cash and goin' Down, Down, Down!!!!

That's some Chinook from our friends down river. You know SL... wink wink.

Victory dance... You must have some unicorn blood in your wine or sumpn.

Chile Colorado?????? flank steak, chiles????

AAAAhhhhhh!!!!! ;) ;)

good friends!

JayT, you wanna picture of Hank? THE Hank? I'll see what I can find~

We live in a very unique place. Our (one and only) grocery store is owned by a person who is a very avid hunter. In the store are specimens of all sorts. Imagine... you reach into the froxen foods cooler, pull out some Crinkel Cut Fries , glance up and see a snarling hyena. At the check out stand is a male lion mid-attack of a warthog.

Only in the Methow!!!!!

Edit- YEP! That's our store!

Twisp basics-
Hank C- owner of the grocery store which has the typical deli and they do all their meat processing in-house ( That's unheardof nowadays..). They make pepperoni, sausage, smoked meats, bacon...
Thomson's Meats- an independant meat processor/butcher. Freaking awesome (and pricy, but worth it) local butcher. They process wild kills in season, lamb, make several different brats...and if you want something ...different...talk to Chris.

HankR- TV star, spud farmer, redneck, ...:lol:

I'll try to link the article about HankC later. Don't feel like dealing wiith it on the tablet~~~

SL, that sure ain't no hippie store! :rofl:

"Which aisle is soyrizo?"

"See those two doors in the front? Through there."

It boggles my mind the throwdown entries you come up with out of that little store.  I shop at four or five stores sometimes to find all the ingredients I need and everyone of them are twice as big as that.

:rofl: yea, the soyrizo is at the other Market on Glover Street.

Yep, Hank's Harvest Foods is pretty much it! GloverStreet Market is a verywell stocked (but still small by comparison) health food store. We can drive to Walmart/Safeway....and one time I had a store in Wenatchee (1.5 hours away) bring in some catfish for me. They sometimes (but not always) carried it. So for that challenge I had the store bring in the catfish, and then paid a local delivery service to pick it up ad bring it to the Methow.

It's also that smaller personable aspect which allows for me to ask the butcher to cut a piece of chichen breast not over $1.00 worth (for the $5 challenge). Funny thing is, between CJ/Scovie and me the employees are knowing what's going on and will ask us later "how did that challenge go" ... Love IT!

edit- also- JayT, we know what we have to work with, so I usually don't go lookingfor ABC ingredient, I just alter the recipe to usewhat I have available. Luckily for the last CincoDe Mayo we had enough notice I could pick up a few things "out of area"...aka...the Walmart 40 miles away...

Back