food NW Shennanigans 11-8 BOOM!

:swoon: (heart) you SumBits! Dayummm! One HOT dude!

PS- no idea who or if he's voted yet, just LUV that photo!
xoxo

The Hot Pepper said:
That mole BBQ sauce looks killer but it needs to be on chicken not a perfectly cooked and crusted flank

There's a Mexican restaurant outside of Hamilton that does something similar - perfectly seasoned steak with a healthy molé on it, and it's TO DIE FOR. I wouldn't change a thing with Scovie's entry.

Here we go picking at people's choices lol.

The Hot Pepper said:
, in my opinion,
^^^^^^^

...means preference. Don't like steak with BBQ sauce. I read all the flavors and liked it for chicken.

Let's post on our status's to get more reads-

Nice Try, DarthP~!!!! but that "stir the pot" ain't working!

:ShakeFinger:   

SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_SL!_

wow ... just, wow ... this decision is really hard for me ...

I think Scovie has sucessfully flexed in terms of flavors and sauces to meet the challenge of facing SL ... there's added complexity and depth in the sauces here - which goes a long way to making a lasting impression when I have something ...

SL's spread comes across confident, like she's defending her spot on top of the rock. There's always a trick or some tomfoolery for me to take away (which I like, a lot) ...

it's all very David/Goliath this time ... and there's an element of open pit vs grill, too, I think, right? ...

SL's getting my vote ... it's tied up. It's because I don't like salmon and I've never had mole (even though SD's is rumored to be excellent) and it's all over that fine looking beef, I'm sure.

This is awesome. SL with her Clam bake and bowl full of Clam liquor is 100% NW. Or anywhere that serves seafood really.
It would have been almost imposibble to do together in one of our kitchens. This ain't how we cook when we get together, right SL? hee hee. We get hammers and screwdrivers out to seperate frozen steaks... Methow style. These two meals we created blows doors on ANY meal you can buy here at ANY restaurant. Period. Believe me, whoever wins will be challenged again and again to try and regain bragging right around here. Whomever loses will surely catch some shit when walking into Hank's. True story!

I totally get what you mean THP. It was almost weird for me to put that sauce on red meat. I NEVER put any sauce on steak. It just doesn't need anything more than S&P. However, this seemed pretty special, and it was. The kind of dish to serve for out of town company. We are headed to Hanks tomorrow to get some chicken to Q up and use this sauce on. I really urge everyone to make it. It's easy, and has a fabulous blend of traditional BBQ with Molé flavors. And I could see it on just about everything but fish. (TB exception allowed).

As far as how long the poll is open DP, I don't know, it will kind of end itself I immagine? we'll see.

:cheers: SL

:cheers: :cheers: Scovie.

:rofl:

I hear ya Scovie, that's why pictures are hard to judge by when it is something like sauce on steak. Trust me, I'd try it. Funny, if it was fajitas, it would have looked more proper to me, with that sauce. Don't know why. I guess because the only time I add a sauce like that to steak is when assembling fajitas. Eating slices I like to let the meat shine, like you. But I'll trust you on this one. Still, looks amazing for chicken quarters, or grilled chops. Ohhh grilled chops YES! Do it Scovie.

The clam broth was 100% NW with the Italian herb bread for dipping.  I know they looked like biscuits, but it was a simple herb bread. 

And YES, when we get together, it is more like chiseling steaks apart with a screwdriver and hammer. (true story!)  But that's the (stop by for a drink and end up needing to eat scenario.  :lol: ). 

Funny thing is...a lot of the employees at Hank's Market ARE clued in when we do these silly challenges and ask us later "how'd it go".  They know it's all for fun, but we do take them seriously and do the best we can with what we have to work with. 

:cheers: Scovie!!!

XOXO!!!

The Hot Pepper said:
Here we go picking at people's choices lol.

^^^^^^^

...means preference. Don't like steak with BBQ sauce. I read all the flavors and liked it for chicken.

No, just presenting a counterpoint. You're not getting all sensitive and fluffy on us, are you?  ;)

I hope no one gets Fluffy until June 9th.

Scovie gets it for me.
I've had his mole before, and if you slap it on steak, the meat would say gracias.

And the salmon thing looks divine.

Props to sl. You knocked it out of the park too.

Geez, I hate to vote on is one. There should be a "tie" button.

I agree with the tie button. But, then again, that's just me being indecisive. When I vote I try to think like I'm looking at a menu trying to decide what to order. The problem is, I always order steak! But you can't take away from what SL did. In a situation like this I would order Scovie's and have RK order SL's and split them.

Back