event NWCF 2017 Seattle area campout - RESERVATIONS OPEN!!!

salsalady said:
I think chileaddict is smoking chickens, not sure how many will fit in his smoker. Onefowl has some sea bass, organic pepper is doing something...i think ribs? Thats what i know of for proteins on saturday. Do you think we need more meats?  I don't know.  I'm probably coming in a small car, so if we don't really need the smoker for something, I won't bring it.

Friday...no plans set yet, any ideas? Maybe someone who would be arriving before 4:00-ish could bring a batch of chili. We could put it in a crock pot (i have one), people can come and eat whenever.  What sort of something that travels well could I bring?
P.S. How we doing on the eggs, butter, etc. for Sunday am?

Don't worry about the smoker, I think we will be fine.

RS67 would like to camp also, didn't reserve...but he said he'd make some chili for Friday.   

I'll probably "assign" things to people in a bit, once we see who is coming for sure.  1F1's friends/family, that kind of thing.  Things like plates and cutlery are easy for them to bring.  

Hi All! As SL stated, looking for space for Wendy and I , plus our 3 pups. I got a late start due to employment issues, and was unable to snag a spot. Give me a shout if someone can help. I will day trip it Saturday for sure. The spinach dip will make a appearance in case a fire gets started that needs extinguishing!

RS67Man said:
Hi All! As SL stated, looking for space for Wendy and I , plus our 3 pups. I got a late start due to employment issues, and was unable to snag a spot. Give me a shout if someone can help. I will day trip it Saturday for sure. The spinach dip will make a appearance in case a fire gets started that needs extinguishing!
I have reserved yurt 19 - won't know until later
how much space will be available.  

Package recieved from MikeUSMC with sauces for prizes!  

Thanks Mike!

I ordered one, we have been wanting one anyway. I have a couple propne bottles, too.

propane camp fire thingy is here, brisket flats in the brine for corned beef.....

aaaaand....there is rumor of an UDS showing up!!!!  :dance:  That's right up there with a Sasquatch sighting!  :woohoo:

Here's what's on the menu so far-
Friday night-ribs and chili 
Saturday- brisket, smoked chicken, lots of salsa/hot sauce, spinach dip w/ sour dough bread, assorted salads, peach cobbler (one spicy, one not spicy)
Sunday- Bloody Marys, corned beef hash and eggs (probably fruit, too), Seahawks game!!! 

Pure Evil Popcorn challenge
best homemade hot sauce, salsa, spicy food contest
best HotLuck dish

After Dark shenanigans-
Big Rock dodging
raccoon evasion 
and whatever other fun stuff we can concoct

Organic Pepper and I will be there Thursday.  Us and Hawkeye are staying through Sunday night.  Hawkeye is bringing the antennae,  oneFowl1 is bringing the 42" TV, I'll bring the 10 gauge power cord ( :lol:)  

edit-typo

Teasers-

8# brisket in the brine for a week
IMG_6201.JPG

a 1 year old habanero ferment-
There was about 4 1/2 gallons that fermented with a bubbler in a warm spot for about 4 weeks.  I took out about 3 gallons for a hot sauce class and stuck the rest in the fridge until yesterday. 
IMG_6204.JPG

A couple other goodies-
(Hey PaulG!  I remembered the Worcestershire this year!)
IMG_6205.JPG

Check out these ingredients- :eek:
IMG_6206.JPG

Not sure which thread everyone is using.  The UDS is done and it can easily handle 10 chicken halves at once, probably more if needed. The time on my first smoke was three hours on 4 big chicken halves. Holy crap, these things are fun and easy!

No pics or it never happened!!! :lol: cant wait to see the UDS in action!

:eek:  They DO EXIST!!!!!   :faintingemoji:  

:lol:

Dayum!  That is one sweet looking beast you made, and the goods look soooooo guuuud!   Very Nice, CA!!!!!!!!! 

On Thursday, I'll start the Official 2017 Chilefest Campout thread.  I think some folks will have posting capabilities at the campground, depending on their cellphone carrier, etc.  Feel free to post there with trip updates, cooking, food, etc, relevant to the campout. 

See y'all in a couple days!!!

So got word from Jud and Jen and they are wanting to come friday-sunday. Plus 2 kids young and needing a camp to share that does not mind. Jud was our entertainment last year eating the jumbo super hot. Let me know if someone is willing to share their site with kids so i can pass it on to them.

Come On Down!!!!  

So, I have decided to add a bit of fun in the form of a potluck contribution. A little Russian Roulette style lemon cupcakes. Just picked up the plates and napkins as promised as well. Can't wait to see you all tomorrow. I'll be heading that way after the kids get out of school. Should be there around 6PM.

Back