event NWCF/Seattle Area Potluck 2016- happened! Sept 9, 10, 11.

salsalady said:
food did happen, but I didn't get pics on my camera.  Only this---

and some SHENANIGANS!

Franks RedHot sauce getting all happy...and then getting happy again...
attachicon.gif
20160910_123041.jpg
attachicon.gif
20160910_125954.jpg

Everyone forgets something when going on camping trips....I just happened to forget the FRICKIN 20 GALLON STOCK POT FOR CHICKEN WINGS!!!  -banghead-  I had to use the chafing dish insert.  Cooked about 10 wings at a time instead of 10 pounds.  Aw Well... they all got cooked and I think 22 people ate 32 pounds of wings.  NICE!!!
attachicon.gif
20160910_130017.jpg

(I think pics of the wings are on John's camera which is in Oregon atm....)  PaulG, ChileAddict and a couple others got pics of the food, so I hope they post.

Pancakes, sausage, eggs and BLOODY MARY'S!  -WOOT-
attachicon.gif
20160911_095545.jpg
attachicon.gif
20160911_095556.jpg

Harold brought a really nice looking -cough- Bubblegum pod and posted up a $20 for someone to eat it.  A few more people posted up some $$ and a PureEvil and a pepper grinder....finally got some sucker brave soul to step up.  JUSTIN!

Why is it that we all enjoy others' suffering, hiccups, snot-fest, and such?  I dunno, but he rocked it out and earned the goods.
attachicon.gif
20160910_170922.jpg
attachicon.gif
20160910_174138.jpg
attachicon.gif
20160910_174208.jpg
attachicon.gif
20160910_174409.jpg
attachicon.gif
20160910_175841.jpg
Yeah... poor Justin! My Chocolate Borg 9 really did a number on him! He handled it like a man though!

Sorry about that, Megahot!   Harold was doing all the smack talking, I thought he'd brought the pepper.  It definitely put the hurt on Justin!   

Great to hear you had a good time.  Same time next year, same bat channel~ 

Wonder who the victim volunteer will be next year? :rofl:

Great pix, folks! I'll throw in my 2 cents worth!

Setup for cooking up some wings:
image.jpeg

Gettin' after some sauces:
image.jpeg

About 40 sauces to sample:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Chillin' in kitchen central Saturday afternoon:
image.jpeg

Cook and assistant making sure all is picture perfect Saturday afternoon:
image.jpeg

Saturday night wings with four sauces and some pork stuffed Padron peppers:
image.jpeg

More chillin' out:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The bet: Eat this Chocolate Borg 9 for $20:
image.jpeg

Justin says, "Sure, I can do that!"
image.jpeg

Upping the ante - Powder plunger, $60, Scorpion Pods, Pure Evil:
image.jpeg

Harold explains:
image.jpeg

Justin takes the bait:
image.jpeg

About ten seconds in:
image.jpeg

Ann looks pretty good on Sunday morning, after cooking all day Saturday:
image.jpeg

I have a great video of Justin eating the pod, but can't upload it.  
I'd be happy to send it to someone else so they can try.  It's 7 minutes.

Great pictures!!! If you want to send the video to me, i can upload to youtube or photobucket. Ill pm email.

Awesome pods, Jon.  They look disgusting!

Definitely brought Justin to his knees...

It was great hooking up with you again - hope
to see you again next year.

those are some of the gnarliest pods.  Great vid, thanks for posting.  Justin was hurtin' for a while, manned up big time though.

The original deal was cash for the pod (I think it ended up to be about $60?) or allthe goodies if he did a Gusher.  (13 drops of Pure Evil inside the pod).  Justin ended up getting the cash, the fresh pods, the pepper plunger and the Pure Evil.... even though he didn't do the Gusher.  What can I say, we all said he earned it! 

PaulG said:
Awesome pods, Jon.  They look disgusting!

Definitely brought Justin to his knees...

It was great hooking up with you again - hope
to see you again next year.
Haha thanks Paul! Yes it was quite fun and very nice to see you Paul. Its always a pleasure to chit-chat with you
salsalady said:
those are some of the gnarliest pods.  Great vid, thanks for posting.  Justin was hurtin' for a while, manned up big time though.

The original deal was cash for the pod (I think it ended up to be about $60?) or allthe goodies if he did a Gusher.  (13 drops of Pure Evil inside the pod).  Justin ended up getting the cash, the fresh pods, the pepper plunger and the Pure Evil.... even though he didn't do the Gusher.  What can I say, we all said he earned it!
I agree with you Ann. Very big and gnarly pods!
I also agree with Justin being a man and earning it! Well said.

Right On, SmokinJames!  It seems kinda crazy to say this, but I think reservations open in 2 months.  9 months from the reservation date. :dance:

salsalady said:
Right On, SmokinJames!  It seems kinda crazy to say this, but I think reservations open in 2 months.  9 months from the reservation date. :dance:
Well, we have two months to come up with a date. lol

Same weekend---first weekend after Labor Day.  We talked about it Sunday. 

SEPT 8-10, 2017

It sure was wonderful getting together again with everybody. The conversations and time spent with everyone was every bit as good as the food and spices. I encourage anyone to come to this event next year. Plan ahead and use a few vacation days if you have to. You will not regret it...unless you eat too many Chocolate Borg 9s. Again, thank you Ann for all the time and dedication you put into this event :dance:

Thanks Richard.  It's everyone's event and works because of the people who come out.

FTR- I'm NOT COOKING next year!!!  :lol:  Well, I will cook some stuff, but with my f-up with not bringing the large pot, I didn't have near enough time to talk with people.  Next year, It'll be chili in a crock pot from me and more time to hang out!  :lol: 

Maybe some smoker action?  If we had 2-3 small ones
we might be able to smoke some stuff.  I could smoke
3 whole chickens or 15-18 lbs. of ribs.

Back