event NYC hot sauce expo 2013 ??

Saw this event listed on a site and this link http://www.nychotsauceexpo.com/ saying more info will be posted soon , anybody know anything about this ? It says April 20th and the 21st . Even with zero info I have a reminder set on my calendar :)

Hello! This event WILL be held and will be a great time. Not sure when Steve Seasbury (creator of the event, owner of High River Sauces who specializes in music events for a living) will be updating the page but feel free to email me if you have questions as it gets closer and he does not post, cuz he is keeping me updated!

The event is in Williamsburg Brooklyn on 4/20-4/21. It will be held in a park on the river on the corners of Kent ave and North 7th....They have an awesome line up and plans for the event. There will be live music, food network chef demos, and lots of media coverage. Another cool element is it is directly across from the Weekly Smorgasburg event which is a foodie paradise. The two will complement each other well.

Hope to see many members from here at the event!!!

xo Nicole

I think I am going to have to make it to this one.

It will definitely be well worth it, and I usually wont co-sign the first year of an event. My opinion is based on the fact that across the street is Smorgusburg(google it, its an awesome event with awesome specialty food vendors, smorgusburg is ONLY saturdays though, so I suggest coming Saturday!), the fact that Steve coordinates and promotes events for a living, and that from experience I know that the area gets killer foot traffic!!

xo nicole

Jay T. We are also debuting our weekly PIT BEEF Pop-up at Smorgasburg this year. When I saw the location I was super excited because I want everyone to get over and try out HBD's first ON-Site food venture.....We'll be doing a special Chilehead Pit that weekend. This event is gonna rock!!

Is this a promotional thing for one sauce maker or are they selling booth space? I'm looking to do some events this year. this one's a bit far geographically & close on the calendar, but maybe worth considering..,

Thanks!

Is this a promotional thing for one sauce maker or are they selling booth space? I'm looking to do some events this year. this one's a bit far geographically & close on the calendar, but maybe worth considering..,

Thanks!

It is a bit far from Cali! They are selling booth space it is a hot sauce show with many different vendors. Not sure how many are attending at this point but you can contact Steve to find out more info: seabury32@optonline.net

xo Nicole

April is coming up fast for just having a placeholder website and no info. I would expect it to say 2014 (or late 2013) for proper planning, unless this is some small event at a bar, type thing?

April is coming up fast for just having a placeholder website and no info. I would expect it to say 2014 (or late 2013) for proper planning, unless this is some small event at a bar, type thing?

It is suppose to be a decent sized event, the location is at a park on the water in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. I just sent Steve an email requesting more info and asking him to jump on the thread if he has time to better inform you guys. I believe this will be a great event for the east coast fiery foods lovers

Xo Nicole

Ah. So like a farmer's market type atmosphere, gonna be kinda cold at Willamsburg Park but that's a cool place.

I'd love to see that in the summer. That place is awesome.

EDIT: Okay I see your post has more info.

I also found this FB: https://www.facebook...ityHotSauceExpo

East River State Park.

I imagine his band Moth Eater will be playing!

We'll be in attendance as well. In addition to the goings-on, I'm in contact with Jimmy Duff, owner of Duffs Brooklyn, the thrash bar we have our Wingfest at each year, to see if he can put together some bar specials for the vendors after the show. www.duffsbrooklyn.com, voted best dive bar of NYC years running in New Yorker Magazine. The place is definitely an 'original'.

The site is finally live: http://www.nychotsauceexpo.com/

Awesome to see some info on this . Went to the Chile pepper fiesta in Brooklyn last year . If its anything like that it should be a lot of fun , only regret I had for that event is I didn't bring enough cash with me :)

Back