• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OCD 2015

Hey everbody. Well I'm still working out of town and have been living in my 17ft travel trailer for the past 5 months. I've got some Jigsaw's soaking and when I get back home this weekend I'll start some more.
Tepin x Lemons are on the list. Thanks to Mike (smileyguy697) for this fantastic pepper. I've got some others on my mind as well, just can't decide. I will be doing SIP and raised beds again this year. Hope all is well out there in the community. Here's to 2015 grow and good luck to you all.
View attachment 18685

Scorched said:
Great looking plants and a damn nice packing job. Pepper people are pretty freaking awesome
Thanks for stopping by. It was a great packing job. Taking notes. And yes, it amazes me the vast majority of awesome people on here.
jedisushi06 said:
wow nice packaging.  You could have came down here and picked up a few plants from me!  Snow up there yet?  We are on snow alert down here tonight. Sigh
Thanks Mikey. We had snow earlier today. It covered the trees and made them white. The ground was to warm, so it didn't stick. Rain right now. I see the passes are suppose to get hit tonight and tomorrow. Hope you don't see any of it and it stays in the high country.

So glad they made it to ya safe and sound Chuck. I hope they all grow well for ya. Youll have to let me know what you think of the Brazilian Pumpkin, its one of my favorites, all the vendors were out of seeds this year but found some with luck, they came from our good buddy Rory from all they way over in Italy.

:cheers:

beerbreath81 said:
So glad they made it to ya safe and sound Chuck. I hope they all grow well for ya. Youll have to let me know what you think of the Brazilian Pumpkin, its one of my favorites, all the vendors were out of seeds this year but found some with luck, they came from our good buddy Rory from all they way over in Italy.

:cheers:
Thanks again brother. I am excited about about growing these plants. These are all new varieties to me. Its not all about the supers for me. Don't get me wrong my tolerance for heat is high, but I like a variety of peppers for different uses. Thanks for giving me a season. Paybacks a bitch. LOL . I won't forget about this.

Devv said:
Nice score on the plants.

Anthony gets a Tejas salute!
I couldn't agree with you more Scott. Very grateful.

Just got laid off work Thursday. Will be looking for more work next week. Until then keeping my mind busy Started setting up my ghetto grow room today. Will finish it tomorrow. With temps just above freezing at night and having to pot up in the next day or so, drastic times calls for drastic measures. I swear, the growroom and hoophouse will get built this year. My lady says don't forget to paint the house too. MOA's in Aerogarden are doing really well at 15 days in. Snowed again today. Where the heck is Spring! Can't wait to pot up, add nutes, and get some soil mixed for the raised beds and SIP's. Maybe just maybe I'll make a couple hoops.

View attachment 21326 View attachment 21327

Sawyer said:
Well, that sentence ended a lot less favorably than it started.  Hope you find something satisfactory soon.  Plants are looking good.
Thanks. I wish I was still working, but on the other hand there is also the mystery of where am I going next. Everything happens for a reason in my story. I didn't get to where I'm at in life having complete control.LOL . I'll work twice as hard to make the same money if need be. Gotta stay positive.

Thanks for the good vibes

Chuck

Laid off = not cool

Sorry to hear it bud....[/quote

Thanks Scott. No worries. This is a great time of year to get laid off. LOL. Spring is hear and most things start picking up as soon as the snow melts. We shall see. In the mean time, lets get out in them gardens and create some heat!

Trippa said:
Not cool getting laid off ... I myself got laid off a couple of months ago ... Staying positive is all you can do ... Best of luck for a cracker season !!
beerbreath81 said:
Sorry to hear bout getting laid off man, no doubt youll find something soon. Stay positive brother.
Thanks for the positive vibes all. I made some contacts today, came home and hit the yard. Mixed up some soil. Mixed my RCW, soil from last years pots, and a couple wheel barrows of unused soil from last year. I still can't believe a full size 8ft bed of chip turned into 5 wheel barrows of RCW. I think I need to always have a pile of chips going. While pulling old plants out, I discovered a couple plants roots were still alive. I managed to save one and repot it in a smart pot. 7pot! Tomorrow the babies get potted up and put into grow room.

Sorry to hear about your layoff Chuck, but you're keeping your chin up and rolling with it... good on ya! Very cool that you got some help with pepper starts, good on beerbreath too! Still waiting for things to warm up enough to plant the peppers and eggplants here too... hope for the best for you and your crop this year. :)

stickman said:
Sorry to hear about your layoff Chuck, but you're keeping your chin up and rolling with it... good on ya! Very cool that you got some help with pepper starts, good on beerbreath too! Still waiting for things to warm up enough to plant the peppers and eggplants here too... hope for the best for you and your crop this year. :)
Thanks Rick. I finally got my plants repotted. What a relief. Only thing I have is Aerogarden MOA's in the house. They're doing fantastic. I will pot them up in a few weeks. So here is a pic for documentation. Watered with a mild nutes. April 21.
View attachment 21498

OCD Chilehead said:
Just got laid off work Thursday. Will be looking for more work next week. Until then keeping my mind busy Started setting up my ghetto grow room today. Will finish it tomorrow. With temps just above freezing at night and having to pot up in the next day or so, drastic times calls for drastic measures. I swear, the growroom and hoophouse will get built this year. My lady says don't forget to paint the house too. MOA's in Aerogarden are doing really well at 15 days in. Snowed again today. Where the heck is Spring! Can't wait to pot up, add nutes, and get some soil mixed for the raised beds and SIP's. Maybe just maybe I'll make a couple hoops.
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Hey OCD! You get some seeds from beerbreath too? Where are you located? Still looks pretty cold there

No seeds? I'm in Colorado. The temps are in the 70s for the high and 30s for the low. In a week or so it's showing 80s high 40s low. That's Colorado for you. I live at 5100 ft in elevation. It's a high desert. Had that snow storm come thru, the next day it melted. Thanks for stopping by.

Sorry to hear about the work. Sounds like you have the right attitude. Things seem to usually work out when you let them. Your plants look great and your views are even greater. That mountain is beautiful. My aunt and uncle live in Steamboat. We were there this past June for my cousins wedding. So beautiful.

Thanks! Believe it or not, I've never been to steam boat. I've seen pictures of the hot springs. I want to ride my motorcycle there this year.

So I decided to pull my collection out. What a mess. Need some organization skills. LOL
These are going in the Aerogarden after the MOA's come out.

Back