• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OCD 2015

Hey everbody. Well I'm still working out of town and have been living in my 17ft travel trailer for the past 5 months. I've got some Jigsaw's soaking and when I get back home this weekend I'll start some more.
Tepin x Lemons are on the list. Thanks to Mike (smileyguy697) for this fantastic pepper. I've got some others on my mind as well, just can't decide. I will be doing SIP and raised beds again this year. Hope all is well out there in the community. Here's to 2015 grow and good luck to you all.
View attachment 18685

Really nice-looking plants Chuck... your grow's gonna run on rails when you get them outside! Funny that the lake in your pics was free of ice but there was still a fair amount of snow on the ground. Did you catch any trout?

Roguejim said:
Man, that aji pineapple looks a lot different from mine.  Mine is a bean pole. 
Ozzy2001 said:
My Aji pineapple and mango are both bean poles.
This is my first time growing that variety. I'll have to check out what your plants look like. All the plants seem to be overcoming there transplant shock.
stickman said:
Really nice-looking plants Chuck... your grow's gonna run on rails when you get them outside! Funny that the lake in your pics was free of ice but there was still a fair amount of snow on the ground. Did you catch any trout?
Thanks Rick. I was up past my knee's in snow trying to get there. We didn't catch any fish. My son was throwing meps. There was a lot of trout swimming around. That was the only place where it wasn't frozen. A feeder stream had melted the ice in that area. I wish I would have brought a water bobber and fly. The fish were hitting small bugs on the surface.

OCD Chilehead said:
I was up past my knee's in snow trying to get there. We didn't catch any fish. My son was throwing meps. There was a lot of trout swimming around. That was the only place where it wasn't frozen. A feeder stream had melted the ice in that area. I wish I would have brought a water bobber and fly. The fish were hitting small bugs on the surface.

Very cool! I'm not surprised he didn't score with a Mepps... when the water's that cold you have to retrieve too fast for the trout to catch up with it. A Thomas Bouyant spoon fished slowly would have been a better choice, but I'd be willing to bet they were hitting on Midges and/or Early Black Stoneflies.

Here's my Aji Mango and Pineapple. I have a couple that I topped and they are pushing out some growth. My Aji Limon are really bushy.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Well I had to make room in the fridge. So I pulled about half my peppers out from last year's harvest to dehydrate. I will keep a supply of frozen pods to get me through the summer. I eat about 5 a week on average, sometimes more. Can't what until them damn Floridians other growers in the South start harvesting some fresh pods. LOL. You know who you are. So in the meantime time to make some powder. I kept my Annuum's separate for flake. The rest are Chinese. Brain Strains, Scorpions, Ghost, and Reapers. The Chinese, I will combine together.

Ozzy2001 said:
I bet there are some hella fumes coming out of there.
Oh yeah! I love the smell of capsaicin in the morning.
maximumcapsicum said:
Ooo wee. How you gonna grind up all them bad boys? Gonna pull the stems first? Yowzer.
I will pull the stems. Usually I wash, cut, and pull stems. This last year I just washed and froze. Didn't have the time to stem and cut in half. I have a blender I use just for pods. I wish I had something more professional.

Chuck,

Just curious, but do you notice that your previously frozen pods dry to a different color or shade than the same pods that had not been frozen.  I get some of mine to almost become translucent compared to the same species that were fresh before I put them in the dehydrator.

Bill

bpwilly said:
Chuck,

Just curious, but do you notice that your previously frozen pods dry to a different color or shade than the same pods that had not been frozen.  I get some of mine to almost become translucent compared to the same species that were fresh before I put them in the dehydrator.

Bill
I've not had the discolor. I get discolor if dried in the sun though. Here is a pic of the Reapers. They are almost completely dried.

Raining today. Did some plumbing and decided to put some lights to use. These are some lights that my girlfriend was going to throw away. They are 4 socket cfl's used for photography. I have 3 of them. Using only 2. They have 2 switches. You can turn 2 bulbs or all 4 on. I moved all the smaller plants up front. Going to bottom water for the first time in the next day or so. You know what that mean's. Growth spurt!

Nice,

Glad you saved those from the garbage.  I bet the plants are going to like that extra light and special attention.
OCD Chilehead said:
I've not had the discolor. I get discolor if dried in the sun though. Here is a pic of the Reapers. They are almost completely dried.
Thanks for the info.   I will have to remember and take some pictures next time.  Not sure what causes the difference.  Still have the same heat!

bpwilly said:
Nice,

Glad you saved those from the garbage.  I bet the plants are going to like that extra light and special attention.

Thanks for the info.   I will have to remember and take some pictures next time.  Not sure what causes the difference.  Still have the same heat!
I think those lights are going to be used for my overwinters this year. I remember some of my Sadabahar's last year dried on the bush. They were a bit translucent. I grabbed one and ate it. Wow! It lit me up.
coachspencerxc said:
I built something similar with powerstrips, adapters, light bulb splitters & CFLs. The self contained unit looks better. Very nice.
I seen that. Very nice setup. Your plants seem to respond well to the lights. I need something more organized like that. My ghetto growbox has to go. LOL I have to laugh because I'll probably be hardening off in a ghetto greenhouse.

Thanks for stopping by guys.

Back