• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OCD 2017!!!

Well it's 2017. Finally! Last year was a success, as far as the ground plants were concerned. Virgin, clay ground. My Chinese got smacked by hail twice! No room for error with those. Out of 12 plants I got ONE BBG. First and only. That variety is cursed. Tried for the past 3 years and some sort of calimity happens.

This year I decided to try 21+ different varieties of the BBG. I have 9 Reaper crosses. 21 and counting other varieties. I built a hoophouse and some COB led's. Planning on getting them outside in March sometime. That might be a delusion, beings I'm in Colorado. We shall see. There is only a few varieties that I've grown before. The rest are all new. I'm planning on isolating most of them.

Just started some Lemon Drops for Throwdown Growdown. I will wait a couple weeks before I start the others. Everything needs to be in order before I germinate. No turning back at that point. I want two plants from most varieties. Plants need to be woody by ground day. That's the only way I have a chance at success with late maturity varieties. If I have extras, I'll give away to my friends of THP.

My list is growing, but not much. Here is some of the varieties that made the cut.

Naga BBG (Red)
Chocolate BBG
Orange BBG (ISO)
BBG x PDN
Tobago Treasure x BBG
Red Gum Tiger Mamp
BBG Peach Ghost Jami
BBG Cluster
BBG Yellow (large)
BBG Scorpion
Aji Jobito x BBG
Red Gum Nagabrain Tiger Mamp
Peach Bhut BBG
BBG Apocalypse
Bhutla x BBG
Srtsl x BBG
7pot Lava Chocolate x BBG
Bleeding Borg9
Tommy Gum
Orange Naga BBG
Peach Naga BBG

Reaper x Red Mayan Habanero
Reaper x Yellow Scorpion
Reaper x Purple Bhut
Reaper x Pimenta
Reaper x Peach Bhut
Naga Reaper
Brainstrain x Reaper
Sepia Reaper x Neyde
ButchT x Reaper

Congo x ButchT
Peach Ghost Scorpion x Primo
Apocalypse Scorpion
Black Bhutlah Scorpion
Primo
Chocolate Primo
Baby Morich
Scorpion XXX (Holiday)
Fidalgo Roxa x Grao De Bode
Nagabon
BOC (Gary)
Andy's King BOC
Bhut Peach
Jigsaw x Habanero
Giant Trinidad Scorpion (Randy)
Taba Naga
Perfect red Bhut (Rick)
Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw (Jukka)
Scotch Brain (ISO)
Naga Brain Yellow
Rocato (Chinese) (Jukka)

3Way Caribbean Red
4Way Caribbean Red
Foodarama
Sicman's Mystery (Red, Purple Spots) (Jason)
SB7J (UFO) (Justin)
Venezuela Tiger x SRTSL
Mustard Moruga Brain
Black Panther
Aji Lemondrop
Aji Pineapple
Aji Amarillo
Sadabahar
Chi-Chien
Goats Weed

Thanks for stopping by. Wish you all the best of luck in 2017.

randyp said:
I give it 3 weeks before you are crawling down the rows buddy.Your plants are in overdrive.No worries most of the first pull comes from the bottom, I got a piece of carpet I lay on the ground as I crawl around my beds.Looks good Chuck :dance:
Thanks Randy. I'm hoping to get some signs of pods sometime soon. I may have to get some carpet. My knees are shot. I do have a 11year old as well. That might work out better. LOL!

wiriwiri said:
Looks good Chuck...failed techie 101 so no help :rofl:     howeva,  the photos speak for themselves.
all look good, a lil cooler temp soon, :pray:  & the pods will be shooting left to right,top to bottom,all the necessary tools are in place. :)
Have a good day now,ya hear!  

Thanks Sandy. I'm not good with the whole techie thing myself. Just figured out how to get a video on to the post. I suppose one has to have a glitch here and there. I go out to the garden every morning and envision beautiful pods of all colors and shapes. Someday.

Off topic, but I was just reading through randyp's glog and see that you say you used to be a skater, punk rock, puke. That's so awesome. We probably would've hung out in school. Lol. I was exactly the same. Did you grow up in Colorado? Just curious because I'm originally from California. Sorry to interrupt your glog.

Bhuter said:
Off topic, but I was just reading through randyp's glog and see that you say you used to be a skater, punk rock, puke. That's so awesome. We probably would've hung out in school. Lol. I was exactly the same. Did you grow up in Colorado? Just curious because I'm originally from California. Sorry to interrupt your glog.
LOL!
I'm all beat up now. Can't skate anymore. I wish I could still do it. 3 knee surgeries and 1 shoulder, not happening. Still rock out. Live for and love music. I'm a lot mellow now. You know how it is when you think you'll never make it until 18, and 18 comes, you swear living past 21 will never happen. I'm 40 now. LOL! Yeah, typical skater, punkrock, puke.

I grew up in San Diego, Ca.

Devv said:
And when 60 is around the corner.....you'll starting thinking "what a privilege it is to go this far" ;)

I hope 'yall hit 80 and are still loving life. My goal! Actually I have my eye on 90 :onfire:
Yes Sir. I enjoy everyday I'm givin. I don't dread birthdays and getting older, I embrace them. I welcome old age. Its part of the experience. One day at a time. 90 is a good number. I'm with ya brother.

Bhuter said:

OCD Chilehead said:
LOL!
I'm all beat up now. Can't skate anymore. I wish I could still do it. 3 knee surgeries and 1 shoulder, not happening. Still rock out. Live for and love music. I'm a lot mellow now. You know how it is when you think you'll never make it until 18, and 18 comes, you swear living past 21 will never happen. I'm 40 now. LOL! Yeah, typical skater, punkrock, puke.

I grew up in San Diego, Ca.

Bhuter said:
Wow! That's amazing! I grew up not too far from you in Corona, CA. I've mellowed out, can't skate anymore, gonna be 40 next month, and I still like my punk. Crazy.

OCD Chilehead said:
Riverside.
Just north of Elsinore off 15. Its hot there. I miss In and Out. Double double animal style, animal style fries and a shake. Damn I'm getting hungry. LOL!

Later Skater

Chuck

Wow i thought I recognized a coupla Cali grommets :)

I grew up in San Diego too, well Lakeside  
hows this for a blast from the past  :party:
:cheers:

Dang, you guys got me thinkin' way back. Here's some of the decks I remember riding  :cheers:
Thing was a tank                                 Bad ass lightweight board went thru at least half a dozen        

cb6451b83bf51d354944f1ed79bf2a67--skateboard-design-skateboard-decks.jpg

$_3.JPG

Another sweet lightweight board

IMG_5378.jpg

Had a couple Brand X and Sims too.  :metal:

Sorry for the highjack but y'all brought back memories   :drunk:

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0_nce8OQwU

Wow, GIP! That IS a blast from the past! I was 8 years old when they filmed that. Lol. But I used to have a subscription to Thrasher magazine and rented all the skating competition VHS's. I loved that stuff. Amazing, all the Cali folk here.

hogleg said:
Dang, you guys got me thinkin' way back. Here's some of the decks I remember riding  :cheers:
Thing was a tank                                 Bad ass lightweight board went thru at least half a dozen        

$_3.JPG

IMG_5378.jpg

I haven't seen that Vision deck in ages, Hogleg. I know if I tried to skate today, I'd end up on the ground immediately. I had a Caballero deck just like this one, only silver.
k2obwi7.jpg

Very sorry to hijack too, Chuck. Nostalgia got me as well.

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0_nce8OQwU

That Video was awesome. They use to have a concrete park off Home Ave when I was a kid.

No way! Grew up there as well. Lived off of Winter Gardens. Went to Lakeside middle, El Cap high school and then got in trouble and attended Chapparel. Earlier youth was East and Southeast San Diego.

hogleg said:

$_3.JPG

IMG_5378.jpg

Wow! That's cool! I had that vision and the other one with the frizzy hair and the spiral. I'm thinking now after Nash it was a board called G&S. they made trucks and wheels too. A beast. Remember the side rails so you wouldn't scratch up that awesome art.

Bhuter said:
I haven't seen that Vision deck in ages, Hogleg. I know if I tried to skate today, I'd end up on the ground immediately. I had a Caballero deck just like this one, only silver.
k2obwi7.jpg

Very sorry to hijack too, Chuck. Nostalgia got me as well.
No apologies needed. This is cool and I don't have any updates on the garden. Its better than clogging up the Lounge with another thread.

Back