• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Octoberfest?? TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHOA!!! I know you're not gonna step up the Lebanese with me in the house...

If that be the case...I'll Germanese yer ass to the exit door.

My original plan was a little WWII love, with the Axis combo of German and Itialian.

But if there's a Lebaneezer-Scrooge up in here...I may have to take that one head on.

Dude, my wife's family is 2nd Gen Lebaneese American and I'm right at her mom's side making Kibbie et all every year at the annual Lebaneese Fest.

So, if you want a head to head Germ-aneese, well, be sure you bring your A Game and that leaves only one question left.

Are you feeling lucky, punk?

:bold

:cool: :rofl: :cool:

Larry King: On the subject of Lebanon, what is your view on the Beirut situation?

Jesse Jackson: Well, Bay Root was a great ball player but Hank Aaron was a better hitter.

Alright, so I went to the near by german store and was asking around about my dish. All of them speak fluent german, grew up in germany, and was very helpful to me last years Octoberfest TD. However, I'm screwed with this one! :(

However, I found another way to get this going for a WIN! Hawiamy= German- Hawiian. With the dish I'm making its easy fusion. Keep the main seasoning and some of the technique as german, but cover the pig in banana leaves. As far stuffing the pig.............???

Dude, my wife's family is 2nd Gen Lebaneese American and I'm right at her mom's side making Kibbie et all every year at the annual Lebaneese Fest.

So, if you want a head to head Germ-aneese, well, be sure you bring your A Game and that leaves only one question left.

Are you feeling lucky, punk?

:bold

:cool: :rofl: :cool:

Well...you might be in trouble. We have a total of ZERO Lebanese relatives...I'm half German/Polish, and my lovely wife is...human. I dunno what the hell she is...but she has a nice ass. I've always been an ass man...Salma in Disk 'til Dawn wins the all-time body award. Although I don't care much for vampire stories...that was a good one.

Adult ADD is kinda fun.

...the hell were we talkin' about?

Lunchbag......... you crack me up!!!! (No ass pun intended)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I think we're supposed to talk about food or somethin..... I dunno......

I am gonna yell at the hubby to beer me I am playing in our backyard fire pit! :fire:

I have..."special pics"...but those aren't for sharing. It's funny...she found one of those pics where she couldn't see the face...and said, "Who the hell is this?" That's you dear...

I'm out on this one as I have commitments.

Not only that but Germans don't cook anything that can be classified as hippy food.

Which is what I have to eat these days.

We've done Oktoberfest a bunch of times, it's always cool, and the dishes always impress. FD4, Marcie, the NWP come to mind.

I was thinking Oktoberfused. Yes... that's fusion. Traditional has been done. Let's get jiggy.

Quick def.

Oktoberfused
Your dish must retain the traditional appearance and methods/ingredients of German cuisine, and must be fused with one other cuisine.
ex:
Jerk Sauerbraten (retains the appearance of the traditional dish with fused flavors)
or
Your dish must start as any cuisine other than German, and must be fused with German cuisine (methods/ingredients).
ex: German Gumbo (has the appearance of Cajun cuisine with German sausage/flavors served over spaetzle).

In both cases the German must be evident (appearance, or flavor).

jesus - this one's gonna be tough. have some ideas brewing though...

I was thinking it was german food with a hint of something else - much more challenging having to german up some other country's food. Maybe I'll go big and do an "Axis of Evil" - a Japanese/Italian dish with German accents. (note: that pretty much means I'll just talk like Schultz from Hogan's Heroes while I make it)

:woohoo:

ok, no, seriously - I think I can do something with this TD - not sure what, but it'll be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back