• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Official Bubblegum 7 Pot thread

Sounds good capsidad Jason knows how to grow em for sure! Thanks for stopping by and feel free to post some BB7 pics when you grow em. Btw I agree about the BB7 being a fascinating Chinense to grow!

Awesome bud!!! Thank you very much! Lets hope they are the correct pheno!
Remember, you get most of the pods!:) Looking forward to some pics later.

I have one plant growing since January. It was late to put on pods, and there is only three of em on there. Waiting for them to ripen to see if they are the correct pheno or not.
Here's a couple pics of an unripe pod.

I have two separate packs.  One pack from Jerry on herewho got them from a member I don't know who(wish I did) and one pack from a fella who got true pods from a visit to old barn nursery and saved seeds, 

Looks like you should have a winner there Jamison! Looks good to me! Thanks for sharing
Browning said:
I have two separate packs.  One pack from Jerry on herewho got them from a member I don't know who(wish I did) and one pack from a fella who got true pods from a visit to old barn nursery and saved seeds,

sounds like you should be good to go then bud! ;)

My seed source was from a guy in the uK

I grew them out this year one in container. One in ground. Te container grew nice and lush but threw out only 3 pods. The one I ground I had no idea of because I lost the tag. It wasn't until the buds came out that I knew what they were.

Had tons of pods until my dog or the heavy weight split the plant into 3. Plant is now Nekkid.
I was then able to share some seeds and pods with some members here and FB people. (Just know that they are OP). Very bushy plant. Calyx was pinky nail size. Flowers barely open.
Vegas chili didnt wait and got some started.

null_zpsd4734a58.jpg

From others I've asked the ones grown this year are f3. So these plants growing now are f4(seeds from this years grow.)

Shane stc got the seeds from me and his seems to be growing true
null_zps2f673144.png

So Nigel. If they are in containers. Mine took off I ground

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
My seed source was from a guy in the uK

I grew them out this year one in container. One in ground. Te container grew nice and lush but threw out only 3 pods. The one I ground I had no idea of because I lost the tag. It wasn't until the buds came out that I knew what they were.

Had tons of pods until my dog or the heavy weight split the plant into 3. Plant is now Nekkid.
I was then able to share some seeds and pods with some members here and FB people. (Just know that they are OP). Very bushy plant. Calyx was pinky nail size. Flowers barely open.
Vegas chili didnt wait and got some started.

null_zpsd4734a58.jpg

From others I've asked the ones grown this year are f3. So these plants growing now are f4(seeds from this years grow.)

Shane stc got the seeds from me and his seems to be growing true
null_zps2f673144.png

So Nigel. If they are in containers. Mine took off I ground
They look great Denniz! Awesome job bud

I was able to purchase some seeds from Bjarne in Denmark (in the vendor vault) early in the year. Had no idea if they would grow true or not. I ended up with four plants from those seeds. Three of the four grew to have red calyces, the other grew out moruga looking pods with normal calyces.
Out of the three with red calyces, two are alike. These two have larger than normal calyces that both turn red, with the red bleeding up the stem. Pod shapes vary slightly, but still very similar between the two. As you can see in the following pict, the calyx caps the top of the early pod.
13818058738310.jpg

The calyces match, on the mature pods, what I have seen of the original cross.

The other red calyxed pheno that grew out, is not typical nor does it match anything i have seen before this season. It appears more of a mutation than the original, with calyces that are much thicker, larger and have somewhat veins like leaves would.
In this picture you can see the even larger, thicker calyx and how it completely engulfs the pod. Some pods grew mis-shaped pod because they had trouble splitting the calyx as they grew.
13818059518042.jpg

This phenotype interest me more, in its strangeness alone. I ponder the possibilities of crosses with other colored pods, or even if this trait will continue on in future generations.

These are all bbg7. No red calyx back left.
13818061055253.jpg

It appears that there are many people getting red calyces this season. I see a bit of both of these phenotypes. I was thinking it would be much harder to get a true plant. Apparently not.
I am overwintering all three true plants.
Good luck everyone!

GA Growhead said:
I was able to purchase some seeds from Bjarne in Denmark (in the vendor vault) early in the year. Had no idea if they would grow true or not. I ended up with four plants from those seeds. Three of the four grew to have red calyces, the other grew out moruga looking pods with normal calyces.
Out of the three with red calyces, two are alike. These two have larger than normal calyces that both turn red, with the red bleeding up the stem. Pod shapes vary slightly, but still very similar between the two. As you can see in the following pict, the calyx caps the top of the early pod.
13818058738310.jpg

The calyces match, on the mature pods, what I have seen of the original cross.
The other red calyxed pheno that grew out, is not typical nor does it match anything i have seen before this season. It appears more of a mutation than the original, with calyces that are much thicker, larger and have somewhat veins like leaves would.
In this picture you can see the even larger, thicker calyx and how it completely engulfs the pod. Some pods grew mis-shaped pod because they had trouble splitting the calyx as they grew.
13818059518042.jpg

This phenotype interest me more, in its strangeness alone. I ponder the possibilities of crosses with other colored pods, or even if this trait will continue on in future generations.
These are all bbg7. No red calyx back left.
13818061055253.jpg

It appears that there are many people getting red calyces this season. I see a bit of both of these phenotypes. I was thinking it would be much harder to get a true plant. Apparently not.
I am overwintering all three true plants.
Good luck everyone!
Looks great GA! The BB7 is an intriguing for sure and thats why I started this and why I have such an interest to grow it and get a true phenotype plant. Thank you very much for your neat post!

Ok so maybe it was some of yourshe sent.  What gen would the seeds be Denniz?

edit-gen of the seeds you sent Jerry I mean

Back