• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Official Bubblegum 7 Pot thread

I've been watching this pepper for a couple years. I think I'm going to have to pull the trigger and order some seeds. You guys have some great looking plants/pods.

Tim

This is definitely my favorite chile plant this year. 
The bleeding on this plant is beautiful.

BubblegumPlant17-21-14_zpsabbca6fd.jpg

I second what everybody is saying about these chiles, definitely one of my new favorites in the patch this year.  Top notch heat that looks like all 7 pod with the oils and placenta, and then letting them fully ripen and have the color bleed up the stem.  The Bubblegum7 I was leery when I first hear about the pepper but now that I have seen the color change for myself it's on the list to grow every year.  Chris I have saved seeds and will trade with you.  Love this Bubblegum 7 Pod pepper!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Soooo bummed mine is not like that....still waiting on a ripe pod :)

Iv'e got 14 BBG7 plants this year i'll send you a box full of isolated pods and you send me a box of thai...  :cheers:

So I have three plants of these from two sources.

These first pics are from the two from Chiliplants.com , of these one has the meanest flowerbuds I have ever seen on a pepper. Both look to be the right  type.

My first pod.
IMAG1816.jpg

This is the one with consistent mean looking buds.
IMAG1815.jpg

IMAG1814.jpg

This one came from a member on here and recently fought a battle with spider mites and I think won. The flowers on this one do not look the same as my other two but will wait for pods to form and ripen to know for sure.
IMAG1845.jpg

What seems to be a typical flower on them. If you look there are several flowers in the picture. Another note is this pepper seems to be unaffected by high temps and pods setting. 
IMAG1869.jpg

These things are large plants! We have had literally 2 or 3 days of daylight this season and this plant is doing fine and outgrowing my other supers. They have the big dumbo ear 7 pod leaves like a yellow 7.

This specific plant was from seed labeled "elongated". It has some neat little tails that I am sure will shrink as the pods grow. Most are round and smooth. I'm sure we are going to see all kinds of crazy shit from these. A brown variant by next year probably.

14575033030_766efba464_c.jpg

I'd love to join in on this bubblegum thread. Anyone have stable (as stable as possible) seeds to trade?

I have Carolina Reaper seeds from a true reaper parent.

Back