• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Oh Boy! The Sports Headlines Ablaze With Pats Well Wishers!

Here in New England we understand the rest of the nations football fans hate us but this weeks headlines are over the top!

How the Bills can win the AFC East and save us from the Patriots’ tyranny

If the Bills Shock the Patriots, Should a National Holiday Be Declared? 

Bills in best position yet to finally bring down Patriots' 'Evil Empire'

To be honest......You betcha' they can! If it wasn't for the defense the Pats would be in the hopper this season and their record would probably be 5-9 and not the current 11-3 and qualifying for the playoffs for the 11th straight season (An NFL record that will likely never be broken I might add!)...

The ageless Brady becomes an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season, his Brookline MA mansion for sale, he stepped down as co-chair. after 16 years, of the Best Buddies here in New England and he's originally from the Bay area (Gisele can't wear bikinis for 9 months here for heavens sake!). So the Bawstan sportscasters have already punched 5 first class tickets (He has 3 kids.) for LAX and booked a stretch limo on standby for a mid-January arrival as there's not much hope for a 7th Lombardi Trophy this February,. 

I have a question, which pic do you think Brady has on his mind (And groin!)?

GYI0062796426.jpg

giselecover-696x395.jpg

brady is amazing. either you love him or hate him. i believe he has another residence here in the northeast besides the mansion. i`m sure he will off to warmer places before long.  :cheers:

luvmesump3pp3rz said:
brady is amazing. either you love him or hate him. i believe he has another residence here in the northeast besides the mansion. i`m sure he will off to warmer places before long.  :cheers:

Yea, the couple bought a $20 MIL Manhattan  NY luxury suite in 2017....

As far as warmer places, his parents still live in San Mateo, the home they raised Tom & his three sisters in....Which, by the way, is less than 25 miles from Levi Stadium, home of the 49ers if he needs any other reason to move to the west coast.

Sinn said:
Go JETS! err next year! :mope:
J. E. T. S.!!!

J.ust
E.nd
T.he
S.eason

;)

Harry_Dangler said:
Go Chiefs!
I'll tell you what... this Patrick Mahomes kid is absolutely freakin PHENOMENAL! I love watching him play. If he keeps on the track that he's on, I'll bet that he's gonna have quite a few Super Bowl rings! I wish him all the best! It's fascinating, watching him play. Dude has an absolute CANNON for an arm too!

He's definitely going places!
:clap:

Haven’t watched any NFL for several years now but still am somewhat aware of what’s up because I listen to sports talk radio a lot while commuting. I think subconsciously I’ve gained more appreciation for Tom Brady as the national sports media’s opinion of him has somewhat soured. They don’t like successful people, or people that are too successful. All the cheating stuff, or whatever. Haven’t been paying enough attention, so real no opinion. Guess Bellicheck (sp?) is a no holds barred guy. A lot of coaches are. They just aren’t as successful either.

All that aside, he was a Wolverine before a Patriot. You can’t go back from that. Why not go to USC or Cal or something? Disgusting!

MikeUSMC said:

After a week long barrage of Patriots players professing they had to bring their A game & stating this game was as important as a playoff game I have an opinion on this and future games this season.........

UFsUuJs.gif

So let's see, first it was Belichick mentored defensive coach whooping the Pats, Sept 2018 - Matt Patricia-led Lions beat Bill Belichick, Patriots 26-10, now Patricia's replacement put an A$ kicking to them, Dec 2019 - Beating Patriots special for Dolphins’ coach Brian Flores, we have one more to make it a hat trick this weekend, ex-Pats linebacker Mike Vrabel , National pundits, including Tony Dungy, doubting Patriots ahead of game vs. Titans ....

I might watch the highlights, or low lights as the case may be..... You have to understand, after so many years of exuberant highs sprinkled with a few disappointments this is really sad for New England fans. Watch the 2nd half of the Lions vs Packers to understand what we were used to as Aaron Rodgers overcomes a two touchdown deficit to win.

Sorry, Pats fans. But dynasties have to end sometime, and in this age of free agents and parity, it is surprising that New England has been so good for so long. But take comfort in the fact that Belichick and Brady are the GOAT, and I've never seen heart and dedication from such players as Edelman and Gronkowski. New England has been blessed for a long, long time.

midwestchilehead said:
Sorry, Pats fans. But dynasties have to end sometime, and in this age of free agents and parity, it is surprising that New England has been so good for so long. But take comfort in the fact that Belichick and Brady are the GOAT, and I've never seen heart and dedication from such players as Edelman and Gronkowski. New England has been blessed for a long, long time.

And there in lies the rub John. For twenty years the Pats have found a way to fill their roster with "average" players that rose to their greatest heights (Think Malcolm Butler, an un-drafted free agent that was 6th on the cornerback depth chart, interception of the Seahawks Super Bowl 49 winning pass.) and mold them into a winning TEAM. The secret is out and as his exiting coaching staff build on the same "system", the losses will mount.

Of course having an aging quarterback without a good receiving core (Or backup!!)hasn't helped this year, so yes, the dynasty has ended! 

I don't know who these "pats" are (cartoon bubble sees some hermaphroditic mediocre comedian on SNL), but I grew up watching the Vikings until the league succumbed to free agency in '92 and became the WWF...I still watch them now and again (went to the same HS as Adam Thielen with his uncle), but they are the victims of the Spielman Scourge, management that focuses on selling tickets but not winning games.

So yeah, go Chiefs! Love watching that Mahomes kid play!!

I'll be at the Patriots vs. Titans game, in Foxboro, this Saturday night. Wife got us 2 tix for Christmas :party:

Belichick vs. Vrabel (former Patriot)

Belichick's record against his own ex-assistant coaches (as an opposing head coach) is only 12-12
(Not sure about going up against former players ;) )

Fingers crossed; wish us luck!

Back