• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Oh Boy! The Sports Headlines Ablaze With Pats Well Wishers!

MikeUSMC said:
I'll be at the Patriots vs. Titans game, in Foxboro, this Saturday night. Wife got us 2 tix for Christmas :party:

Belichick vs. Vrabel (former Patriot)

Belichick's record against his own ex-assistant coaches (as an opposing head coach) is only 12-12
(Not sure about going up against former players ;) )

Fingers crossed; wish us luck!

Have a great evening with the wife Mike! 

GMEN.
f8bb298447141b9cc27a24834767587d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MikeUSMC said:
J. E. T. S.!!!

J.ust
E.nd
T.he
S.eason

;)

I'll tell you what... this Patrick Mahomes kid is absolutely freakin PHENOMENAL! I love watching him play. If he keeps on the track that he's on, I'll bet that he's gonna have quite a few Super Bowl rings! I wish him all the best! It's fascinating, watching him play. Dude has an absolute CANNON for an arm too!

He's definitely going places!
:clap:
My only "beef" with him is that he puts ketchup on his steak!

IMG_9525.JPG

Man, that game was painful to watch last night! :mope:
I still had a great time, and at least the rain held out until the last 3 minutes of the game (it was originally supposed to rain the whole time!).

The Pats didn't show up to play last night, and Vrabel beat Belichick at his own game, by using the clock against him. The student schooled the teacher last night:
https://sports.yahoo.com/mike-vrabel-bill-belichick-titans-patriots-delay-of-game-062657674.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=2_04

Congrats on a well deserved win, Titans fans. They definitely earned it :cheers:

Besides the N.E. loss, the worst part of the night had to be trying to leave the lot that we parked in. Got back to my truck at 11:40pm, got in line to file out to the main drag to head to the hotel, and literally sat there, stuck in traffic (IN THE PARKING LOT), for over 2 fucking hours! I'll repeat that: "OVER 2 FUCKING HOURS." Did. Not. Move. One. Single. Inch. When we finally started moving (at 2:10am!), it took another half hour to get out to the main drag. My God, that sucked! Didn't get to the hotel until almost 3am; couldn't fall asleep until after 4am. Woke up at 7am and drove 2 hours to get home to take my Grandma out to brunch today. Long night last night, and a long day today :rofl:

Congrats on the Vikings win, Stettoman! :cheers:

I'll be cheering Mahomes on for the rest of this season, I guess ;)

MikeUSMC said:
attachicon.gif
IMG_9525.JPG

I still had a great time, and at least the rain held out until the last 3 minutes of the game (it was originally supposed to rain the whole time!).

The Pats didn't show up to play last night, and Vrabel beat Belichick at his own game, by using the clock against him. The student schooled the teacher last night:
https://sports.yahoo.com/mike-vrabel-bill-belichick-titans-patriots-delay-of-game-062657674.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=2_04

Congrats on a well deserved win, Titans fans. They definitely earned it :cheers:

Besides the N.E. loss, the worst part of the night had to be trying to leave the lot that we parked in. Got back to my truck at 11:40pm, got in line to file out to the main drag to head to the hotel, and literally sat there, stuck in traffic (IN THE PARKING LOT), for over 2 fucking hours! I'll repeat that: "OVER 2 FUCKING HOURS." Did. Not. Move. One. Single. Inch. When we finally started moving (at 2:10am!), it took another half hour to get out to the main drag. My God, that sucked! Didn't get to the hotel until almost 3am; couldn't fall asleep until after 4am. Woke up at 7am and drove 2 hours to get home to take my Grandma out to brunch today. Long night last night, and a long day today :rofl:

Right on!  Great win by the Vikings!  Go Mahomes and the Chiefs!

MikeUSMC said:
attachicon.gif
IMG_9525.JPG

Besides the N.E. loss, the worst part of the night had to be trying to leave the lot that we parked in. Got back to my truck at 11:40pm, got in line to file out to the main drag to head to the hotel, and literally sat there, stuck in traffic (IN THE PARKING LOT), for over 2 fucking hours! I'll repeat that: "OVER 2 FUCKING HOURS." Did. Not. Move. One. Single. Inch. When we finally started moving (at 2:10am!), it took another half hour to get out to the main drag. My God, that sucked! Didn't get to the hotel until almost 3am; couldn't fall asleep until after 4am. Woke up at 7am and drove 2 hours to get home to take my Grandma out to brunch today. Long night last night, and a long day today :rofl:I lived in the Phoenix area for 12 years, went to quite a few Cardinal & Diamondbacks games, and there was never a quick and easy escape. Some stadiums don't even have adequate parking, I've walked literally miles getting back to the car. You just have to figure that inevitability into your schedule. We went to a Pink Floyd concert at Sun Devil once, and had the wherewithal to go in with friends on a limo. THAT was worth it: front gate service and a dedicated lane out.

Thanks Mike, but I didn't have much to do with that Vikes win, including any faith in the sloppily run coaching. Stefanski is a hack, calling some of the most ludicrous running plays ever (lateral pitch to Cook FOUR FEKKIN TIMES with the exact same result!). When a "Peterson up the middle" play quits working, you give it a rest, right? Not Stefanski. I grew up at the hip of my old man watching the Vikings play through the 60s and 70s, from the time I could walk...They used to play to actually win, but anymore they pay $84 million for boutique players in order to sell tickets. Damn free agency anyway, right?

But besides the initial dump by Thielen, my boy was worth the price of admission. If not for him that team has no soul at all. Him and Rudolph.

And what Cousins did to Diggs yesterday was criminal. Yeah Stephon is a glory hound, but he's also 33% of that entire offense. See him take another team to the Superbowl next year, and I won't blame him a bit. Vikings gen manager is loser Rick Spielman, the guy who held on to Adrian Peterson until there was no trade value left but a hefty contract obligation.

So yeah, I like watching Thielen play, but I'm with you guys--GO CHIEFS! If nothin' else, it's been a super entertaining post season so far!

midwestchilehead said:
I really hope the Chiefs can hold it together this season. They hit a rough patch about half way through, but look like they are hitting on all cylinders now.
Well that was an impressive win against a stout defense JJK! I guess all we have left is....

MikeUSMC said:
Of course Jimmy G has Pats Red-White-Blue under the 49ers Red&Gold he currently wears?

Back