• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OKGrowin- Newbie 5 gal pepper journey - Fin

finished nov 10 2014, last post

Hey i'm new here and my 2nd year growing peppers.

Grow list:
oRVROQe.png

Soilmix:
5-1-1
pine bark fines
perlite
coco or peat
+
dolomite lime

Fertilizer:
Dynagrow 9-3-6 Foliage pro

Indoor light (until they can go outside in april):
Sun system T5 4ft 8lamp

Containers:
1. solo cups
2. Viagrow 5gal bags

=====================================
Step 1 - Germination:
Got my seeds all in so i decided to soak them in some tea for an hour and now they are in ziploc bags
MQ1FsYP.jpg
Ehq24UK.jpg

Lucky you! I've yet to have any of my peppers start to turn color. I think I still have a month or so to go before I start to see hints of ripening on mine.

Neil

sp33d said:
All look great but that chocolate hab looks so damn tasty to me...
yeah i was tempted to just pull it off and eat it then and there... figured i should wait for it to be completely ripe though

I'm going to have a truckload of these cayenne / korean type of peppers.
IMG_20140628_231552.jpg

OKGrowin said:
yeah i was tempted to just pull it off and eat it then and there... figured i should wait for it to be completely ripe though

I'm going to have a truckload of these cayenne / korean type of peppers.
IMG_20140628_231552.jpg
I would call that a good problem to have...

Your plants are looking great OK! That chocolate hab is going to be something to be feared when it's ready. What's the plan for it? Cook it? Eat it whole and suffer it's wrath?

Neil

Blister said:
Your plants are looking great OK! That chocolate hab is going to be something to be feared when it's ready. What's the plan for it? Cook it? Eat it whole and suffer it's wrath?

Neil
eat him raw, show him the proper respect ya know.

I had half of a green reaper last night, lol was pretty bad tongue burn for 10 minutes with sniffles etc.

I snacked on a br starfish while i was taking pics
IMG_0110.JPG

here's the "not" reaper unripe green i ate last night as well.
IMG_0112.JPG

baby moruga
IMG_0099.JPG

and his bigger brothers
IMG_0090.JPG

and the big momma
IMG_0091.JPG

lots of choc habs
IMG_0096.JPG

reapers just hangin out
IMG_0092.JPG

Good work on those chocolate habs! Yours look super prolific - definitely more so than mine last year. I learned last year to let them stay on the plant longer than I thought necessary. The first few I picked looked brown on the outside, but were still pretty unripe on the inside. It's hard to wait, but the flavor of a nice, ripe, dark brown chocolate habanero is definitely worth waiting for!
     Have you gotten any ripe paper lanterns yet? I can't wait to try one. They sure are a unique looking plant, aren't they? 

dash 2 said:
   Have you gotten any ripe paper lanterns yet? I can't wait to try one. They sure are a unique looking plant, aren't they?
Ok, i'll keep that in mind for the chocs.
i haven't got anything ripe except the bullet habs, UGH lol, i thought the paper lanterns were ripening because near the stem they were a lil discolored but i think that was just sunburn..

oh looky what i found hiding.
IMG_0117.JPG

also we got some color on the reapers
IMG_0121.JPG

here's the paper lanterns dash2
IMG_0118.JPG

not sure what these are, isleno mulato i guess?
IMG_0116.JPG

My yaki browns in the 3 gallon pots are coming along nicely, seem to have lost some of their dark foliage and are going greener.
IMG_0119.JPG

IMG_0120.JPG

Well, may as well bite into it and see how it's doing. Chances are it'll be bell pepper flavour for the most part, but may also have a little heat.

Neil

Back