• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OKGrowin- Newbie 5 gal pepper journey - Fin

finished nov 10 2014, last post

Hey i'm new here and my 2nd year growing peppers.

Grow list:
oRVROQe.png

Soilmix:
5-1-1
pine bark fines
perlite
coco or peat
+
dolomite lime

Fertilizer:
Dynagrow 9-3-6 Foliage pro

Indoor light (until they can go outside in april):
Sun system T5 4ft 8lamp

Containers:
1. solo cups
2. Viagrow 5gal bags

=====================================
Step 1 - Germination:
Got my seeds all in so i decided to soak them in some tea for an hour and now they are in ziploc bags
MQ1FsYP.jpg
Ehq24UK.jpg

Im sure Judy will have some interesting new varieties on her page before long

I am thinking of doing the same thing, interested to hear what others have to say

I see a lot of nice looking plants and pods, it won't be much longer. I say you're doing a heck of a job this season!

Those Reapers look like you have a true plant, consider yourself lucky ;)  There has been a lot of variation out there. A really nice tasting pod, but really hot. I'm sure it will burn twice :D

I can't wait to see your review!

OKGrowin said:
i keep wanting to buy new seeds from judy but figure i should wait till the end of this season before i start getting stuff for next season lol... uhg

also been thinking about replacing my shed roof with greenhouse polycarbonate sheet. 
kinda like so
shed_south_side.jpg

skin31.jpg

I'm in the same boat - just put a second seed order in and I'm sure it wont be the last. Im excited to see what she has available later in the season.

I say go for the polycarbonate sheeting, it will be sooo nice to have early/late season! Gardens looking great man!

Blister said:
Your plants have really come a long way since I last checked in! Those Reapers are taking off!

Neil
thanks, we are both bearing the fruit of our "hard work" it seeems 

Bumpy morugas
IMG_20140625_180753.jpg

Different plant, same stuff
IMG_20140625_180940.jpg

brazilian starfish looking weird as usual
IMG_20140625_180842.jpg

i got lots of  poblanos
IMG_20140625_180737.jpg

jals
IMG_20140625_181112.jpg

i think these are from my "minibell mix" dunno when they are ripe or anything uhg lol
IMG_20140625_181124.jpg

kung pao or prik chii faa
IMG_20140625_181040.jpg

IMG_20140625_181133.jpg

Looking real good man...wish I had a shed I could use for growing instead of having to take up half of my man cave in the basement in the winter....

You have any issues with the reapers having a slow period of growth? My reaper seems to be stuck in a lull and growing really slow...it's only about 7" tall ...I did top it so that could be it ....

sp33d said:
You have any issues with the reapers having a slow period of growth? My reaper seems to be stuck in a lull and growing really slow...it's only about 7" tall ...I did top it so that could be it ....
when i had them in solo cups they stopped growing after like 10".

Then when i transplanted they took like 2 weeks before they started growing again.

U pull it and check if its rootbound? (unless its in ground lol)

No I moved it from a solo to a 5 gallon then topped...so definetly not root bound, I thinking its the topping that slowed it down on top of the potting up...but I did the same to the other 8 plants but they are different strains and they all have taken off... We shall see ,I'm sure it will take off eventually...

Wow, your peppers are looking awesome!!!  I don't miss the Oklahoma heat most of the time (almost never actually), but I do when it comes to pepper growing

sp33d said:
No I moved it from a solo to a 5 gallon then topped...so definetly not root bound, I thinking its the topping that slowed it down on top of the potting up...but I did the same to the other 8 plants but they are different strains and they all have taken off... We shall see ,I'm sure it will take off eventually...

Transplanting and potting up is a lot of shock to your plant, it will probably take a while to bounce back. maybe even more than a month.

Those morugas are looking great man, soon you will need to buy more milk

Back