• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Ol Man Stillmanz plants and pods

Mick hendison whos in the comp chewed 2 nagas up in front of me and strutted around the shop for about 20 minutes before he had to leave...he's gonna be real hard to beat.
But remember its sposed to be fun.

yep I thought thats what they may have crossed with but when we cut them open they just stunk like naga and they are right up there for heat. I would say this particuliar plant has crossed with some habanero type.
In this case the cross has been fairly positive larger heavier pods with similiar punch. I will definately be keeping this plant for next season.

things are starting to ripen up fast,
these almost ripen up completely overnight.
heres that 7 pot in the first photto all ripe and ready.
DSCF3034.jpg

some bits and peices good size pods this year.
DSCF3033.jpg

a hand full of fire.
DSCF3035.jpg

Great looking 7 Pods Mick, look a lot like the ones I grow. Put those in your wing competition and nobody will be left standing. The only pepper that really scares me.

yep this is my favourite strain of 7 pod(I believe its the Johna (spelling)source).
I made a limited edition sauce out of just 7s not that long ago and I thought it was very close to naga and bhut heat if not hotter, but at that heat its hard to be subjective.
the 7s really love brisbane weather too although it seems we may be in for alittle bit more rain than usual in the next few days, hopefully I won't get too much pod drop.

The Trini Scorpions are finally comming on. Big plants and big producers by the looks, the pods don't seem to be as big as the 7s but they look so cool, almost I would say 99% of the pods have the tail whichis pretty cool.
heres one of my cocco coir experiment scorpions and some fruit
DSCF3037.jpg

DSCF3036.jpg

And these are grown in sand the pods are a bit smaller but the plant has been stressed more so may be hotter fruit?
DSCF3039.jpg

Josh said:
Do you recall if that was a yellow 7 you sent me last fall? I thought that it was a yellow scorpion. If that was a yellow 7 pod was the red 7 pod the same size or larger? I only ask because I may have mixed up which one is the 7 pod and which one is the scorpion.

Josh...I think it is a yellow 7...they came from Trini and I thought they were in with the Scorpions she sent me...but she sent some 7's too and it may have been that seed pack...I think they are 7s because of the pod shape and none of them had stingers...

moyboy said:
I really wish I could make it to the comp but I can't see it happening.....

Bloody work :(

Oh and miss out on seeing me Hallcinate and then vaporise into a mist of bloody capsaicin?

AlabamaJack said:
Josh...I think it is a yellow 7...they came from Trini and I thought they were in with the Scorpions she sent me...but she sent some 7's too and it may have been that seed pack...I think they are 7s because of the pod shape and none of them had stingers...

Thanks AJ. I will have to see how the pods turn out this summer. At the worst I will just warn anyone who gets seeds from me next fall.

Back