• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

OMG...My back is killing me....

Well, I got one raised bed ready for dirt. This is the first of 4 and is only 4'x12' I spent all afternoon carrying block and shoveling stone. Thank God I went back to school and got out of the construction buisness...LOL I also think it is time I started back at the gym. I always thought that I was in pretty good shape, until today....:lol:

April2008017.jpg

a quick 12 pack of your favorite brew may not help the aches but you won't care either... :lol: looking good

Omri said:
Nice work.
Try rubbing chiles on your back.

I have read that there are creams that are using Hot Peppers as an ingredient. I think that is sooo cool. Just think someday the medical community might be recruiting some of us to grow peppers for them. :lol:

AlabamaJack said:
a quick 12 pack of your favorite brew may not help the aches but you won't care either... :lol: looking good

I have skipped the 12 pack and went straight for good'ol Jack and Coke ;)

Chiliac said:
Yeah, looks great! Grant your back a break - you'll be glad you did! Believe me, I know!!! :)

Oh, I'm done for the day...It is hard to believe that I use to do this type of work all day long sometimes 6 days a week. I was a laborer for a brick and block outfit for a 1 1/2 years. But, that was when I was about 17 years old...LOL...Time...We can't escape it...

Looking good. I'd offer to drive down there and help, but I've got a bad shoulder. I'll just drive over and drink your beers while supervising, that sound good?

imaguitargod said:
Looking good. I'd offer to drive down there and help, but I've got a bad shoulder. I'll just drive over and drink your beers while supervising, that sound good?

Sounds good IGG...;)

imaguitargod said:
I'll just drive over and drink your beers while supervising, that sound good?

BWhahhahahahahaha, That got me laughing big time IGG!!:lol:

Good job Pepper! Even though I'm still upset at our names being so close, haha :)

Pepperfreak said:
I have read that there are creams that are using Hot Peppers as an ingredient. I think that is sooo cool. Just think someday the medical community might be recruiting some of us to grow peppers for them. :lol:

I have skipped the 12 pack and went straight for good'ol Jack and Coke ;)

Oh, I'm done for the day...It is hard to believe that I use to do this type of work all day long sometimes 6 days a week. I was a laborer for a brick and block outfit for a 1 1/2 years. But, that was when I was about 17 years old...LOL...Time...We can't escape it...
I used to be a Combat Engineer in the Army, well two years after discharge, I tried to work as a foundation layer..........big mistake......first off living in Germany for six years and then going back to to Kansas left me totally unacclimatized.......(I was in the states for 9 months then went back to Germany)......second in two short years my stamina and strength had drastically declined.......needless to say I didn't even finish out my first day on the job, it was embarrassing but a man has got to know his limitations.

I also have back problems which stem from my time in the service, thats why I let my physician prescribe me something called Tilidin about 20 to 30 drops in some sprite or coke do wonders. It is an Opiate don't know if they allow it in the states. I had so much pain I couldn't stand, sit move or even lie down and that stuff took the pain away so I could sleep.

I've used the same stuff. I've suffered several disc prolapses and Tilidin helped a lot. It doesn't go easy on the stomach though, at least not on mine.

Wow Pepperfreak, that looks great!

No kids lurking around the neighborhood who'd schlep the cinder blocks around to the beds for $10 are there? You could stack and arrange and save your back for important things. Like peppers.

WOW...It has been awhile since I had Jack & Coke. I was out after 2 1/2...LOL And slept like the dead. Plus I feel great today, a little stiff is all. Yah...I'm a cheap date...LOL

imaguitargod said:
So when can I come over to oversee?

IGG, I'm afraid that we would be drinking too much beer and the beds would resemble the great leaning tower of Pissa (sp?)...LOL

Pepp3rFreak said:
I'm still upset at our names being so close, haha :)

I have been asimulated...Asimulation complete...:lol: Resistance is futile!

Pam said:
Wow Pepperfreak, that looks great!

No kids lurking around the neighborhood who'd schlep the cinder blocks around to the beds for $10 are there? You could stack and arrange and save your back for important things. Like peppers.

Thanks Pam...I wish there were kids around, I would gladly pay $15 - $20 to lug those block plus truck around the gravel. Unfortunately, the only kids around are 2 - 4 year olds...Hehe, their too little...But, maybe I'll ask around for Saturday and/or Sunday. I have the weekend off next week! Thanks for the great idea :)

Hi Pepperfreak,

Looking good. Looks very clean and professional. Unlike when I do it. How much is the going price for cinderblocks? Little bit of back pain is well worth for the joy of HEAT :mouthonfire:

Any particular reason for the rocks on the bottom of bed?
If I were you, I would have used 2-3 inches thick layer of newspaper. Then may be put layer of grass clippings or, leaves. That would have been cost effective as well as less labor intensive. Also, I would keep 3-4 inches of gap in the bottom row for good drainage.

You may need to invest on a security system.. :lol:
Considering, your garden is next to a street/alley, and without fence. We all know, people cannot resist hot ripening peppers.

Sanj, IGG is right...I put about 2 - 4 inches of stone down on top of weed barrier fabric to help with drainage. Oh, I forgot...I got these blocks delivered for .66 cents a piece.

IGG, I think that I'm just going to stick with the rocks, it should be enough. Also, rocks + sand + soil + compost = way too much shoveling...LOL

Back