• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

OMG Weed and Feed ...HEEEELP

Any way to save the chillies. My wife decided to weed and feed with a hose on lawn weed and feed.....and included the garden bed. I noticed chillies all curled over and at first thought it was that they were dry. Then noticed that the ground was damp. Then the horror struck me as i noticed the irrigation system disconnected and a hose in its place with the f*&%$ yellow 2 liter applicator attached.

Try flushing them with lots of water to dissipate the weed and feed. Then hope for the best.

Someone may have a better solution but it makes sense to me.

Nasty stuff it targets Broadleafed weeds. Which it thinks chillies are? Try flushing them, then give them seaweed for 2 weeks and if you can get some, drops of Bach rescue remedy.

If it's root based, I'd pull them up, put them in buckets and replace the soil their in. If it's leaf based pull off the leaves.

The weed and feed more than likely contains 2,4D and that is not good. the fruit from those plants that were sprayed are not fit for consumption but the offspring from those seeds will not be affected. It happened to me a couple of years ago. My plants survived I just cut off the affected parts and watered them heavily for about an hour.

As far as I know weed and feed doesnt contain 24D but check the labels. 24d is not a selective killer and weed and feed is also not a root absorbed killer although it will transfer to the roots if you leave it toooooo long. Usually it is specific killer that targets broad leafed weeds other wise it would kill your grass too. Try, flushing then the Bach rescue remedy and the seaweed. You will be amazed how resilient chillies are. The Bach is for the plants but a few drops under your tongue wouldnt hurt you either.

Jeez your weed and feed is different to ours over here. Over here you have to have a permit to use Agent Orange. (or start a war)

If thats the case (Agent Orange in your weed and feed) The case looks grim, Sherlock. Probably best to do a Robert Duvall " I love the smell of napalm in the morning" .

Back