• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Omri's 2011 Grow List

I don't know you at all but that is a very impressive list of some very 'interesting' plant species.

However I would be very skeptical of including any Datura into a garden like this for anything except for the beauty of its fluted flowers, I have seen it chew up and spit out even the most experienced and balanced minds ... some never to return.

My advice is to stay well clear.

Something else you may be interested in for ornamental purposes only of course :rofl:

Phalaris arundinacea

umm it seems its already on the list ...my mistake
I'm familiar with the dangers of Datura, but even those plants have their use. thanks for the advice though.
Growing P. arundinacea and P. aquatica is actually native to where I live and there are fields of it.

Are you growing anything interesting?

I'm familiar with the dangers of Datura, but even those plants have their use. thanks for the advice though.
Growing P. arundinacea and P. aquatica is actually native to where I live and there are fields of it.

Are you growing anything interesting?

No worries it's just one botanical that I like to stay well away from, but each to their own.

Yeah I knew that it was a native to your region but I didn't know how prevalent or widespread it was.
In Australia the Wattle's are the native source of that particular compound.

Chilli's are my current growing interest, and they are plenty to keep me busy. :cool:

My current circumstances with family and current locale don't really lend themselves to anything more 'exotic' at the moment, and besides I have utilised many of natures tools to my/their full extent and they are now part of my knowledge library which helps my future life selections. :cheers:

Ain't it purdy?
5890629608_0bf3aa2fd9.jpg

Wow, I haven't checked into the "growing - other" sub forum before, looks like I've been missing out. Nice grow list Omri.

Wow, I haven't checked into the "growing - other" sub forum before, looks like I've been missing out. Nice grow list Omri.
Thank you, Pablo. :)
Here's an photo album with some of the pictures I uploaded recently:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/63609737@N06/

I would say around 120 days until the bottom leaves start turning yellow. Pick the side shoots and flowers to get the biggest leaves. If you let it flower you will have enough seeds for a lifetime.

Hey guys (and gals), I made this thread to share my "other" grow list, but mainly to get some feedback and suggestions for more stuff to grow. currently seriously injured and got people to help with this, but hopefully will be able to go and take care of the plants at some point. will grow these plants in a large area belonging to my family. as of now started growing only several of them, but soon will continue to plant the rest.

Plants that I want to obtain seeds and/or cuttings of:
  • Piper methysticum
  • Salvia divinorum (other strains)
  • Synsepalum dulcificum

If you are able to help me in my search, have any suggestion for the grow, adding other plants or just want to comment, you are more than welcome.
Thank you.

PS
I'm sorry for using the Latin names, but it makes it much easier as many of them have similar names and even have the same name as other unrelated plants.

Good to see someone else using botanical names, makes life so much easier.
I only know English (well can understand verbal Spanish), so had a hard time looking up botanical gardens in Israel but this is where your knowledge of botanical names comes in handy.
One way would be to attend plant shows at your gardens and ask for botanical names - I find when asking for botanical names of plants which are illegal, they will often have them under the counter and will sell to you. If you're some bogan saying "give us some peyote bra" you will get shut down quickly.
Another way is to "borrow" a cutting from the gardens. This obviously has ethical concerns but basically stick to a few rules - only take cuttings of healthy non endangered plants, never uproot anything (unless its a carpet of self seeded plants that will get ripped out anyway), if something looks like it's been raided by someone else - leave it alone. Only do it if you are ok with "borrowing" some plants and there is no risk to the plant or gardens.

Back