On Cutlery ...

SavinaRed said:
I'm very happy with this little knife sharpener as I used it on several knives that needed a good sharpening and they all have a nice sharp edge on them now. 

SavinaRed said:
I'm very happy with this little knife sharpener as I used it on several knives that needed a good sharpening and they all have a nice sharp edge on them now. 

I guess I am too old fashioned. I am going to order a few Japanese whetstones and a stone over the bath support system. Pretty finiky and havent decided on just what though yet.

CAPCOM said:

I guess I am too old fashioned. I am going to order a few Japanese whetstones and a stone over the bath support system. Pretty finiky and havent decided on just what though yet.
I have  1000, 4000 and 8000 wet stones that I use on my expensive knives. This gadget is for the less expensive knives. 

SavinaRed said:
I have  1000, 4000 and 8000 wet stones that I use on my expensive knives. This gadget is for the less expensive knives. 

understood. I would be looking at 1000, 3000 and 6000. At least unless a really sweet deal comes around when the cash is handy.

This guy makes beautiful knives.  This one just listed.

http://www.haburnknives.com/store/gyuto-integral#more-info

33kzog1.jpg

CAPCOM said:
Candy my a$$, that is cutlery erotica!

Is that a banana in your pocket or a Haburn Gyuto?

mhf6mg.jpg

Beautiful cutlery everyone!   

I've been making and locally selling some end grain cutting boards lately.  They are much easier on knives than other types of cutting boards.  The end grain of wood is softer and almost self healing so it keeps your blades sharper for longer.  The cutting boards stay looking nice for a lot longer as well.  

Here is a couple chaotic pattern boards made from Black Walnut, Hard Maple, and Cherry.  This was before the final glue up and sanding and finishing.

Here a board made out of Ash I made for someone.

Another one made from Cherry.

I liked the one I made out of Ash so much I made an entire top for my kitchen island so I don't have to pull out a cutting board.  I chop right on this now.

Jamison said:
Beautiful cutlery everyone!   

I've been making and locally selling some end grain cutting boards lately.  They are much easier on knives than other types of cutting boards.  The end grain of wood is softer and almost self healing so it keeps your blades sharper for longer.  The cutting boards stay looking nice for a lot longer as well.  

Here is a couple chaotic pattern boards made from Black Walnut, Hard Maple, and Cherry.  This was before the final glue up and sanding and finishing.

Here a board made out of Ash I made for someone.

Another one made from Cherry.

I liked the one I made out of Ash so much I made an entire top for my kitchen island so I don't have to pull out a cutting board.  I chop right on this now.
Do you ship?

Back