On Cutlery ...

SavinaRed said:
Let me know how you like the Nakiri Grant

I've been using it with a high-degree of success thinly slicing flank steak on an extreme diagonal ...

That sounds boring, but is less so when you take into consideration that I don't chill my steak beforehand ...

It's a great shape, weight, and blade for the job - and I've enjoyed it both times I've used it for that.

grantmichaels said:

I've been using it with a high-degree of success thinly slicing flank steak on an extreme diagonal ...

That sounds boring, but is less so when you take into consideration that I don't chill my steak beforehand ...

It's a great shape, weight, and blade for the job - and I've enjoyed it both times I've used it for that.
Let me know how you like it on raw veggies. 

SavinaRed said:
Interesting knife but I need another knife like a hole in the head lol 

We don't have many knives ... yet.

SF's has been the most ground-breaking one we've added thus far, and the Tojiro and Misen knives are pretty nice, too ...

Te heh heh

15338327_1605307266445362_4390443714615443456_n.jpg

What kind of sharpening system do they recommend for that knife? Or is it a,if it gets dull, send it back for sharpening deal?

I think it's a "step 0: get funded, step 1: make sharp durable knife, step 2: support knife" ...
                                                                                                              ^
                                                                                                     We are here.

I've noticed something before, that's kind of underlined today ...

If you are a knife company, having a knife for everybody is the goal ...

Knife by (and after) knife, a line that cover's everyone ...

If you are a Kickstarter campaign it's make a knife for almost everyone ...

Unlike to previous case where "a knife" is a line of knives, in this case it's a one-size-fits all approach ...

At the outset, it feels great in hand ...

Needs a test-drive ;)

Another benefit of this nano-serration is the self-sharpening aspect of the microscopic teeth. As the knife is used, these tiny teeth are exposed and essentially sharpen themselves – and this is part of what allows the Habitat KNASA Chef Knife to retain its ultimate edge far longer than other knives.

Proper care and maintenance of a steel knife involves hand washing and drying, using knife friendly cutting surfaces, and storing in a safe place to protect the edge. We recommend all of these steps as well. Using a honing edge to align the edge of a steel knife will briefly bring back the fine sharp edge. You have to hone a steel knife because steel is relatively soft, folds over, and must be re-aligned. The KNASA is so hard and strong it does not fold over. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND using a honing edge on the KNASA Knife.
When you feel the knife is not as sharp as you would like, we recommend one of the following:
1) Send it to Habitat for complimentary lifetime sharpening - which involves a small service charge to cover return shipping.
2) Sharpen it by hand on ceramic or diamond "whetstones".
3) Use a ceramic specific home electric sharpener such as the Chef's Choice Model 700. These use diamond sharpening media which is necessary to cut the KNASA edge. We recommend a very light touch (i.e. don't grind off a lot of material).
Our testing shows dramatically extended sharpening intervals, which will, of course, vary from user to user depending on factors specific to your use and the quality and type of your steel knives.

Back