• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Order Has Shipped From Pepperlover.com

EDIT: I have received said order since creating this thread. As such, I've amended the title of the thread to reflect the current situation more accurately (See my post from 8-11-2011 below).

Following the recommendation of several here at the site, I ordered a few sets of seeds from http://pepperlover.com. The payment method was an echeck via PayPal on the 13th. It cleared on the 18th to "Mohammad." Normally I would just give it a few more days and assume I'm logjammed in a queue or something, but I noticed my email to them on their site about tracking has gone unanswered, and no updates on Paypal had been posted. Confusing since there's an order number, and the order status is listed as "Confirmed" on my account on their site.

Today technically marks the 8th business day (and middle of the second week) that has passed, ostensibly without my seeds having even shipped. Combined with the lack of response, I got curious. Is this normal for Pepperlover.com, and I should stop being paranoid, or should I sob into my hands and find a new seed dealer?

-

Hello FireAlchemy75,
I just recently went through the same thing with pepperlover, but waited two weeks before email her if the seeds had been sent and she replied quickly that she was just sending them. I would wait at least two weeks, but it does not hurt to email her to verify whether the seeds were sent. This is my first time doing business with her as well from the recommendations. Good luck with your season.

Following the recommendation of several here at the site, I ordered a few sets of seeds from http://pepperlover.com. The payment method was an echeck via PayPal on the 13th. It cleared on the 18th to "MOHAMMAD HAMDAN." Normally I would just give it a few more days and assume I'm logjammed in a queue or something, but I noticed my email to them on their site about tracking has gone unanswered, and no updates on Paypal had been posted. Confusing since there's an order number, and the order status is listed as "Confirmed" on my account on their site.

Today technically marks the 8th business day (and middle of the second week) that has passed, ostensibly without my seeds having even shipped. Combined with the lack of response, I got curious. Is this normal for Pepperlover.com, and I should stop being paranoid, or should I sob into my hands and find a new seed dealer?

-

I recently (about 3 weeks ago) ordered from pepperlover and noticed the same Paypal transaction etc and also got worried. Then a few days later my seeds arrived in great condition and so far I have 100% germination. :) (not bad for a newbie)

In other words, don't worry, you are in good hands, everything sounds like it is proceeding in the same way it did for me. A few extra days shouldn't ruin your harvest :P

Judy is as honest and straightforward as they come! she won't cheat you. she was so generous to me last year i can't put it into words. Don't worry. she is one person trying to run a business and her popularity has skyrocketed in the past year. she'll get to you.

Hey all, I wanted to wait until at least today to see if I'd get any news. Nothing yet. By the end of this upcoming weekend it will effectively be three weeks.

Appreciate the feedback. All your accounts hold Judy as upstanding, and her reputation with pepper seeds obviously precede her. Even though the payment never went to a "Judy," and I haven't received any email reply, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, and report back here if this ever goes past a month.

dont discount the mail system's amazing capacity to screw things up...

if you havent gotten anything in 3 weeks send Judy an email and see whats up

Little update here. I received an email reply from Judy a few days ago explaining how she had shipped the original order several weeks ago, but it must have been lost/stolen/mixed up. She apologized for the trouble, and I received my order yesterday.

She was even nice enough to even throw in gifts! On top of the Trinidad scorp (original strain), Bhut Jolokia Indian carbon, and Black scorpion tongue seeds I ordered, she gratuitously included a full pack of Yellow Bhut Jolokia seeds, a variety of a dried Tabasco pepper pod, and a sample packet of Trinidad "Volcano" powder.

Needless to say, I couldn't be happier.

Glad it worked out for you in the end.

And with the order(s) i'll be placing over the next few months, i'll be sure to keep Pepperlover in mind.

Edit: oooh, she has a couple of nice jumbo Baccatum pepper seeds i want, i'll definitely be placing an order there.

Thanks for the heads up / reminder.

Glad it worked out for you in the end.

And with the order(s) i'll be placing over the next few months, i'll be sure to keep Pepperlover in mind.

Edit: oooh, she has a couple of nice jumbo Baccatum pepper seeds i want, i'll definitely be placing an order there.

Thanks for the heads up / reminder.

Yeah, I noticed she got more Douglah seeds in now too. I won't be starting anything until late January, but I'll for sure need to be getting some of those.

Little update here. I received an email reply from Judy a few days ago explaining how she had shipped the original order several weeks ago, but it must have been lost/stolen/mixed up. She apologized for the trouble, and I received my order yesterday.

She was even nice enough to even throw in gifts! On top of the Trinidad scorp (original strain), Bhut Jolokia Indian carbon, and Black scorpion tongue seeds I ordered, she gratuitously included a full pack of Yellow Bhut Jolokia seeds, a variety of a dried Tabasco pepper pod, and a sample packet of Trinidad "Volcano" powder.

Needless to say, I couldn't be happier.
Yup,... Judy is AWESOME! :dance:

Also glad to hear of your patience and perseverance with your order. A lot of the cottage industry businesses folks encounter through THP and other online connections are just that...real people trying to make good to their customers, and sometimes "life" or technology gets in the way of the instant reply. With patience and a few emails or phone calls, most businesses will make good on their orders. There's always a bad egg somewhere, but I still have faith in the other 98% of the population.

From personal experience, I've had to replace $$$ of product that was destroyed in shipping due to freezing.

They do need to improve their email communications.
I sent several specific questions about culivars in preparation for an order about 8 months ago and never got an answer.
I don't plan to order until I do.

:confused:

Back