vendor Ordering Pepper Seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I received my seeds from Judy in 9 days (from the US to Europe). She´s a very generous young woman... Outside of the three varieties I´d ordered, I´ve received lots of Yellow T. scorpion, Dorset naga and CAP 539 seeds as a gift. I highly recommend her.

I buy lots of stuff from the peppergal. Great selection and always speedy service. Never any extras, but you do get what you pay for and the plants grow true.

I ordered some seeds from peppergal yesterday. I wonder how long it will take for them to get here :) Anyone else have any recent experience with ordering from this site?

Hi Guys,
Slightly OT,
Can someone give me some info on ordering seeds into Australia from Overseas ?
Customs ?
Paperwork etc... ?
Like to expand my collection and it is the start of Spring down here.
All info greatly appreciated.
Thanks
As long as the sender labels all seeds with their botanical names (e.g. Bhut Jolokia - capsicum chinense) and doesn't send any pods or parts of pods (fresh OR dried), you shouldn't have any problems. Of all the times customs have opened my packages, only once have they ever held seeds (and that was due to them being unlabelled with botanical names - and even then they released them after I supplied the names myself. :D)

As long as the sender labels all seeds with their botanical names (e.g. Bhut Jolokia - capsicum chinense) and doesn't send any pods or parts of pods (fresh OR dried), you shouldn't have any problems. Of all the times customs have opened my packages, only once have they ever held seeds (and that was due to them being unlabelled with botanical names - and even then they released them after I supplied the names myself. :D)
I have found that seeds I sent using just their botanical names were confiscated by customs, but when I labeled them as "Chilli seeds", (insert name here) they would coast on through.

I have found that seeds I sent using just their botanical names were confiscated by customs, but when I labeled them as "Chilli seeds", (insert name here) they would coast on through.
Really? Is that over there though or when you send seeds over here?

I always label both the common name and botanical name, but never actually thought about labeling them "chilli seeds". Not such a bad idea, I guess, and really spell it out for them... :lol:

Hmph. I ordered seeds and ziplock bags from Balconypeppers.com 20. of September. Few days ago Balconypeppers.com-website disappeared. Then I noticed that Vincent had sold all his seeds here, becouse he is moving to central Asia.
Will I get my money back?

Hello,
I received my seeds from Judy in 9 days (from the US to Europe). She´s a very generous young woman... Outside of the three varieties I´d ordered, I´ve received lots of Yellow T. scorpion, Dorset naga and CAP 539 seeds as a gift. I highly recommend her.

+1 for pepperlover.com

The only reason I would buy seeds anywhere else would be if Judy didn't carry the variety I wanted. In my most recent order, I ordered 4 varieties, and got 5 others as gifts (3 of which were wilds). And her selection keeps getting better and better so she'll keep getting my business for a long time.

Hey all, won't be maintaining this any longer now that it's in this forum. I like the idea of a single community vetted list but with the new forum and individual threads for vendors not really possible/effective anymore. Thanks!

Yes, good job on it. I'm surprised you deleted the list though it was a good resource that could have remained so. Since the first post is now empty I'll close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back