vendor Ordering Pepper Seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
First he didn't honor the shipping policy on his auction page which was a bummer but I didn't make a big deal about it because I was only overcharged $1.50. I sent two e-mails trying to correct that but never got any replies. After the estimated delivery dates came and went I contacted him again and this time I finally got a response claiming an issue with the post office. He never mentioned any time frame for rectifying the situation. I replied with requests for more information and never got a response. Then I sent a final message just to be kept informed of what was going on. No responses and now this morning he deleted the auctions so no negative feedback can be left.

So I opened a case with eBay buyer protection to try and get my money back.

Weird. That's the exact opposite experience I had with him. My seeds took a while to get here but it was my fault because the address was off a bit. Our zip codes changed and I still had the old one in my paypal account. He responded to all of my emails in a timely manner and even said if I didn't get my seeds in another week he would resend them.

I even was having some issues with my scorpions I got from him and emailed him some pics and again he responded and told me what he thought. Turned out to be a calcium deficiency.

He is on here under the name The Chile Farm.

I'm not sure what would have changed recently. Everything I got has also grown true.

otpepper was the other ebayer that I purchased from and assuming the seeds were true, I'll be very happy with my purchase from them. I ordered douglah and ButchT TS seeds and he threw in yellow bhut and brain strain seeds in addition to samples of douglah powder and red 7 pot powder as extras. I'll be sure to update once i see peppers.

I realize this thread is mainly for seeds, but I thought I'd mention an ebay seller I bought a couple Datil plants from earlier this year; brutus611. They arrived in perfect condition- 8 inch plants with huge leaves and thick stems, obviously a lot of care had gone into raising (and shipping) them. There was literally nothing wrong with them. Now it's apparent that the plants are both true Datils, as they are loaded with pods.

He had a few other kinds of peppers for sale, including Bhuts. I can't speak for their authenticity, but if he has them for sale next year I might buy from him again just to confirm whether or not he's a trustworthy seller. I tentatively give him the thumbs up.

just my two cents but I would stay away from Ebay for buying seeds and plants. never been anything but ripped off buying both on Ebay. Sellers send any kind of garbage for seed and by the time you figure that out , its too late to leave feedback. the same goes for Ebay sellers who don't ship the plants out right away but will " when they're ready". you will get screwed for sure, because again, it'll be too late to leave feedback. I speak, unfortunately from experience. Anybody else get ripped off by the Peony lady? or bought bags of seed that did nothing when planted?

Ebay provides no time limit on follow-up feedback. But you must leave the first feedback within 60 days or so. So first comment that you received items in timely fashion. Then follow up at later time with your findings, cuss and praise.

We just have to be more discriminating in all marketplaces. Don't fall for the seller with that one crappy pic but great low price.

Always stayed away from ebay for seeds. Heard all the stories and it makes sense that con artists would be on there. It's the perfect setup and type of product for a con. Ebay is good for other things but for seeds reputation counts.

asaisgarden was the only ebay seed seller I was aware of that had a good rep with a lot of people. His complaint page is loaded up in July though, something went wrong and I don't feel comfortable leaving him on the list anymore.

asaisgarden was the only ebay seed seller I was aware of that had a good rep with a lot of people. His complaint page is loaded up in July though, something went wrong and I don't feel comfortable leaving him on the list anymore.

Yes I bought from asiagarden because of good review from this thread although price is higher. I bought on June 21 and he claim to have sent on June 26, I wait until July 25 and send him another email that I still have not received the items. He replied was

Dear markt10350,

You should have received these long ago!! I will send another package out to you right away! Dave @ The Chile Farm

- asiasgarden
Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply
s.gif

As of now I still have not receive my order. I wrote a message to him yesterday 11 august and am waiting for his reply. Furthermore I notice he doesn't have any listing at ebay anymore. He now lists his items at http://www.auctiva.c...4657&styleid=12
I have a feeling I am being duped. Furthermore its >45 days since I puchase thus nothing can be done beside reporting about it to Ebay and Paypal.
Will update if there is any change or when I get a response from him.

Mark T

Weird. That's the exact opposite experience I had with him. My seeds took a while to get here but it was my fault because the address was off a bit. Our zip codes changed and I still had the old one in my paypal account. He responded to all of my emails in a timely manner and even said if I didn't get my seeds in another week he would resend them.

I even was having some issues with my scorpions I got from him and emailed him some pics and again he responded and told me what he thought. Turned out to be a calcium deficiency.

He is on here under the name The Chile Farm.

I'm not sure what would have changed recently. Everything I got has also grown true.

I take back what I said about Dave. It looks like he either sent me Yellow Bhuts or they may be Fatalli. I don't have any pepper that looks like a true red Bhut. I did order Scorpions from him and they have grown true. I also just sent him a message on eBay asking what was up as I would order from him again but it looks like something went wrong. This was 10 days ago and no response. I don't think I will be ordering from him again. There are too many other reputable companies out there.

hi, anybody out there purchased pepper seeds on Ebay from a seller with the handle "rugriok"?
seems to have some interesting "rare" seed, just wondering if he's legit?
I've learned (the hard way) not to be too impressed by good feedback on Ebay.
thanks for any replies.

Greetings! My vote is going for pepperlover.com. I ordered a set of Assam Indian Carbon Bhut Jolokias from them about 5 days ago and today I got my package, with A LOT MORE THAN 20 IC seeds. The bag had a ton of seeds in it, and in addition I got 3 "Gift" bags. Red Savina Habs, T Scorp Morouga, and Bhut Jolokia Reds. I am extremely happy with the extras, as well as the turnaround time for these seeds. Great price and ill let you all know how they grow next season!

Matt

I was trying to order from the hippie seed co. It says to email them with your order?? Their email came up in microsoft format. Mine is comcast. Dont know if that makes a difference since i am not that computer savy. any way,, i emailed them twice with no response. Help!!?? :)

They usually only reply at night Australian eastern time in my experience but usually the same day. Just be patient.
Just type in the address manually exactly as you see it and you can't go wrong.
Great dudes to deal with treat them with respect and they will reward you with great service and products no matter what.
They have been nothing but brilliant to me over many orders.

They usually only reply at night Australian eastern time in my experience but usually the same day. Just be patient.
Just type in the address manually exactly as you see it and you can't go wrong.
Great dudes to deal with treat them with respect and they will reward you with great service and products no matter what.
They have been nothing but brilliant to me over many orders.

I just got some seeds with a packet of naga jolokia flakes thrown in as bonus. I got a quick response to emails and they sent it in a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back