vendor Ordering Pepper Seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I now recommend www.seedsofindia.com from NJ.

I grew out three types of chiles from them: Jwala, Damini, Aruna. I had nearly 100% germination, quick service, decent prices, and the chiles themselves match descriptions given. The (pusa)jwalas are AWESOME!

Some co-workers and I purchased many other types of seeds as well and everything was true to type with good germination rates.

Site's pretty bad looking but hey this is about pepper seeds not web design :)

Adding them to the original list.

I now recommend www.seedsofindia.com from NJ.

I grew out three types of chiles from them: Jwala, Damini, Aruna. I had nearly 100% germination, quick service, decent prices, and the chiles themselves match descriptions given. The (pusa)jwalas are AWESOME!

Some co-workers and I purchased many other types of seeds as well and everything was true to type with good germination rates.

I ordered some seeds from Pepperlover.com on 14th august and just got them today 5th september. Three weeks from US to the far side of Australia isn't bad at all considering customs and the distance.
And true to other peoples reports, included in the five packets of seeds I ordered I got a packet of wild tepin seeds, two dried tabasco pods and some `trinidad volcano` powder which I just tried and its very tasty.
For the amount of seeds in each pack for the price, plus the bonus gifts I recommend them very highly!

Hi Guys,
Slightly OT,
Can someone give me some info on ordering seeds into Australia from Overseas ?
Customs ?
Paperwork etc... ?
Like to expand my collection and it is the start of Spring down here.
All info greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Hi Guys,
Slightly OT,
Can someone give me some info on ordering seeds into Australia from Overseas ?
Customs ?
Paperwork etc... ?
Like to expand my collection and it is the start of Spring down here.
All info greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Have you tried all the Australian sites?

Ie Wildfire Chilli and Hippyseed Company??

Hello,

after I decided to grow hot peppers, I ordered some seeds from a website called pepperseeds.eu. The company is located in the Netherlands. I ordered 20 Hot portugal seeds, 10 Kung Pao seeds and received 10 Purple serrano seeds as a bonus. I received the seeds 5 workdays after they received my money. From the seeds I´ve received, only 3 didn´t germinate. It seems they are growing true, we´ll see when the peppers will start to form.

D-back, please report back when the plants start setting pods and let's see if they grow true. If anyone else has had good or not so good experiences with pepperseeds.eu please let us know. Thanks.

Hello,

my plants are setting fruit, so I can report that bouth varieties I paid for (Kung Pao, Hot Portugal) have grown true. I was not sure about the Purple Serranos sent as a gift. I was not sure, so I started a topic ( Thread ). It seems that the plant looks like it could be a Serrano, but the pods are a bit different than typical Serranos. On the other hand, some sites (for example TheChileMan.org, semillas.de) have pictures of Purple Serrano pods in their database that look like my pods. I simply can´t say for sure if the Purple Serranos have grown true.....there is too much discrepancy to say a definitive yes or no. By the way, the germination rate for the whole package of seed was over 90%.

Either ways, I´m satisfied, so I just ordered some Chocolate Habanero and Red Savina seeds from them.

Best wishes!

First time posting here, but wondering if anyone has been receiving seeds lately from pepperlover.com, I placed an order 3 weeks ago and still no go on my seeds and had 2 emails in the last week go unanswered when inquiring if they had been sent, just wondering if its just my luck or something goin on since I have seen nothing but good feedback for em.

First time posting here, but wondering if anyone has been receiving seeds lately from pepperlover.com, I placed an order 3 weeks ago and still no go on my seeds and had 2 emails in the last week go unanswered when inquiring if they had been sent, just wondering if its just my luck or something goin on since I have seen nothing but good feedback for em.

Hello,
I´d placed an order on Monday in the morning, and in the evening I received an email from Judy. She said, she´ll send my seeds the next day.
Maybe your mails are for some reason lost in the junk box of her mail? This happened to me repeatedly in the past.....(not with pepperlover).
Best wishes!

My seeds from pepperlover.com took a little while (to Australia), but they will arrive and you will get extras (it's the only place I've ever got extras from tbh).
I would also highly recommend them.

+1
See my post #269 on this topic.

I've also gotten bonus extras from the hippy seed co in australia two different occasions and from peppermania.com in the US. Not all places will give you bonus seeds or powders.

Pepperlover.com sent me an email confirming my order was sent.
When you deal with hippyseedco you get good communication.
Peppermania also promptly responded to email questions.

I did see your earlier post, it was that and potawie's BJ Indian Carbon pic that made me place an order :)
It's not fair to expect extras yeah, but it is rather cool!
With Hippy you get more than just good communication! You get conversation too!

Edit: Everything I've ordered from THSC has been super quick as well!

With Hippy you get more than just good communication! You get conversation too!

I also can confirm THSC guys are very nice. After my order I was communicating with Luke via mail about some details... I didn´t receive any extra, but every bag contained a bit more seeds than advertised (mostly like 13 instead of 10).

Judy from pepperlover also replied to my mail the same day, but what surprised me most was that she even replied to my reply thanking for the message and once again for the order (although the last line of her message was apparently missing for some reason). Awesome :cool:

Today I received my order from pepperseeds.eu. I placed the order on Monday in the afternoon....that was quick. I ordered Chocolate habs and Red Savinas, and received also Mustard habs as gift. We´ll see if they grow true.....the Purple Serranos they gave me as a gift last time are probably not Serranos, so I´m curious. If these will be OK, the company will have my trust. If not, ... .

Hello everyone

I do not know a lot of users would like that idea, but it is widely used in three main forum of Brazil on pepper, which is the seed exchange is a place for those who have seeds to share, distribute, or even ask, what they want it leads to all participants new seeds of species that they do not know.

What abax the cost of buying seeds. I think that should not end with the sale of seeds, but for beginners should get a few seeds of this topic, then they start to get the hang of the crop could already buy some seeds.

As we have said this is my opinion, I believe that not everyone would like.

Sincerely,
Matheus!

Hello everyone

I do not know a lot of users would like this idea, but it is widely used in three main forum Brazil on pepper, which is the seed exchange is a place for those who have seeds to share, distribute, or even ask, what they want it leads to all participants new seeds of species that they do not know.

What would lower the cost of buying seeds. I think that should not end with the sale of seeds, but for beginners should get some seeds of this topic, then they start to get the hang of the crop could already buy some seeds.

As I said this is my opinion, I believe that not everyone would like.

Sincerely,
Matheus!

+1
See my post #269 on this topic.

I've also gotten bonus extras from the hippy seed co in australia two different occasions and from peppermania.com in the US. Not all places will give you bonus seeds or powders.

Pepperlover.com sent me an email confirming my order was sent.
When you deal with hippyseedco you get good communication.
Peppermania also promptly responded to email questions.

thanks to folks for feedback, and I saw your post and it worried me, since I ordered mine on the 18th, and as of Sept 10th now still no seeds and mine only needed to go from wherever in the US she is located to Oregon.

thanks to folks for feedback, and I saw your post and it worried me, since I ordered mine on the 18th, and as of Sept 10th now still no seeds and mine only needed to go from wherever in the US she is located to Oregon.

Send an email and ask to confirm if the order was sent and to check the postage address was correct. I'm sure she will want to sort out any problem.

Send an email and ask to confirm if the order was sent and to check the postage address was correct. I'm sure she will want to sort out any problem.

Already sent 3 emails over the last week asking for that info, havent received a single response to any of them, thats what prompted my asking about it to begin with. I know circumstances can happen and can delay stuff. Just wish I got an email response of some sort so I could try and figure out what happened. I have been using the contact us email on their website to email, I am assuming thats a correct one and someone somewhere should be reading them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back