Other names meaning "chili"

Here is a basic list of different names that simply mean chili. What other names are there that you know of?

Aji
Chile
Chili
chilli
hot pepper
jolokia
mirch
morich
pepper
pimenta
pimente
pimento

Chilly,when I open up the freezer for some cubes for a boatdrink after a hot session pollinating my November Chili buds!(hey!I pay my dues during Hurricane season!)

I was 'googlin' for something yesterday and found this...thought it was right for this thread...

peppernames.jpg

Omri said:

Omri, I was in Israel about 30 years ago and trying to speak Hebrew. I was looking for a way to get a little more "heat" in a sandwich and used the word chom
... wound up with a hot sandwich I had to blow on to eat. No "heat" though. :lol: Guess English doesn't always translate directly, does it?

PrairieChilihead said:
Omri, I was in Israel about 30 years ago and trying to speak Hebrew. I was looking for a way to get a little more "heat" in a sandwich and used the word chom
... wound up with a hot sandwich I had to blow on to eat. No "heat" though. :lol: Guess English doesn't always translate directly, does it?
Yeah, heat (hom) usually refers to temperature here. there's a different word for spicy (harif).

Back