Ozzy's All Grain on deck

I'm going to do NEIPA's primarily, because 1) I like them and it's Summer for all intents and purposes here (now, already), and 2) it'll help me cruise through my ingredients effectively ...

I think, though, that I'm going to check out lagers ... maybe a negro modelo type beer ... since my system can handle the temp differential from ales without issue ...

Fairly similar here. I plan on doing a bunch of different IPAs varying with pale, pils, wheat, oats etc. I want to be able to dial in the flavor I want. Plus I still like a good west coast malty IPA. I just won't go past 60IBUs anymore.

Once my father in laws cherries come in it's definitely cherrye wheat time again. I loved that beer last year.

I haven't been enjoying them so much lately, even the BA TF ...

Probably after a month without one, I'd develop a yearning ... that I could imagine ...

Been struggling with then lately, commercial or homebrew ...

Hoping to rack the latest batch later or in the AM. I might waffle up a batch tomorrow ...

1318 and Gigayeast Vermont ale in transit. Can't wait to try all of these different yeast. I'm going to set up to harvest these. I tried to wash the yeastbay Vermont and there was too much hops debris to get it. Going to use the blowoff on my beaker if anything to harvest it.

I think I'm going to ranch WLP001 and either 1318 or the lab-grown strain ...

Microscope and hemcytometer in-cart at Amazon for once the Z refund hits ...

I'm almost done with brewing without an actual looksie at the yeasties ...

Not sure I'd do this if I had a LHBS or wasn't in FL, but since both are true in my case - the yeast wildcard is about to be over! :party:

grantmichaels said:
I think I'm going to ranch WLP001 and either 1318 or the lab-grown strain ...

Microscope and hemcytometer in-cart at Amazon for once the Z refund hits ...

I'm almost done with brewing without an actual looksie at the yeasties ...

Not sure I'd do this if I had a LHBS or wasn't in FL, but since both are true in my case - the yeast wildcard is about to be over! :party:
Yeah my LHBS shut down his store close to me. His other shop is about 30-40 minutes away now :/. Which means I don't want to drive that far to get yeast and summer is right around the corner. So, if I collect and reuse, I can save a ton of time (most important) and money. Once I see which yeast I like most I can keep it healthy by making batches every month, whether an IPA, DIPA, or PA.

Ozzy2001 said:
Yeah my LHBS shut down his store close to me. His other shop is about 30-40 minutes away now :/. Which means I don't want to drive that far to get yeast and summer is right around the corner. So, if I collect and reuse, I can save a ton of time (most important) and money. Once I see which yeast I like most I can keep it healthy by making batches every month, whether an IPA, DIPA, or PA.

sounds like a similar plan ...

i want to KNOW my viability in certain terms ...

i'm in on the details ... yeast, water, you name - i'll do it all ... but i demand relative surety for the time, effort, and $! :D

Back