Ozzy's All Grain on deck

I'd brew this weekend, and clean the following, but I would have to dump beer because I haven't really been drinking any, and that's stupid ...

After my food settles I think I'll see how that robust porter shoulder the split beans I added to the service keg, as a matter of fact ...

Dang Ozzy, you have been brewing up a storm lately! Everything looks really good. That GY054 is good IPA yeast. It actually seems to have medium/high flocculance though, based on my experience. It does leave a great fruity flavor that compliments citra and galaxy quite well.

I can't wait to brew more beer. All of my carboys are filled with sours right now. One of the sours is tasting pretty good, especially since I poured in 6 lbs. of pure blackberry puree in it a few months ago.

I've been meaning to buy that American sours book. I've listened to a few on Michael Tonsmeire's beersmith podcasts, and he seems very knowledgeable.

I like brewing sours, it's a set it and forget it type of situation. Plus, since I don't keg, I can bottle them, and tuck them away for extended periods of time with little to no flavor degradation.

The only thing to pay attention to is the airlock drying out completely, exposing the brew to oxygen. I had a very close call with that situation last month. I think only a few more days, and the liquid in the airlock would have dropped to a low enough level to let in Oxygen.

Back