• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

P-Son's "mild to wild" Manscaping prohibited!!

After a couple nudging pm's it is time to get things rolling...well, get a list situated atleast. I won't be starting my seeds until March 1 this season. This list is subject to change, and I'm betting it will before I'm done typing. My two goals this season are 1.) Take less pics and better quality 2.)Sow later and achieve similar yields. My germination techniques and set up are not inspirational or extravagant so the bulk of my updates will be after early june plant out. Fert apllication and medium are changing a tiny bit but staying simple with it.

c.annuum
Big Jim
Elefant
Giant Aconcagua
Goat's Weed
Jimmy Nardello
Mucho Nacho
Purple Pequin

c.baccatum
Aji Cristal
Birgit's Locoto (growdown)
Yellow Bouquet

c.frutescens
Boonie
GRIF9265
Jindungo
Lombok
Malagueta
Ndungu

c.pubescens
Canario
Brown Rocoto
Dino Pod
Rocoto Largo San Isidro
Turbo Pube
White Manzano

c.chinense
7 Pot Congo SR
7 Pot Primo Orange
7 Pot Primo Red
7 Pot Primo Yellow
7 Pot Red Brain
7 Pot Yellow
Armageddon F-2
Bahamian Goat
Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon (overwinter)
Bode Roxa
Black Naga
Butch T (overwinter)
Carolina Reaper
Douglah (overwinter)
Fatalii
Giant Twisted Chocolate Habanero
Jay's Ghost Scorpion Red
Jay's Ghost Scorpion Peach
Not Black Naga Mean Red Spiky Cross
Not Infinity Yellow Cross
Peach Scorpion
Red FDA Scotch Bonnet
Spikes F-1
TFM Scotch Bonnet
Red Tree Hab

wilds
CAP 1144
CAP 1530 c.cardenasii
CGN 19198 c.sp
c.buforum
c.ciliatum
Cumari Parana
Cumari Verdareira
c.exile-chacoense-cobincho
c.eximium
c.flexuosum
c.galapagoense
Huge Rocopica (pube x card)
c.lanceolatum
Mata Frade
Parvifolium
c.tovarii

Now for the good stuff.... 70's style! These are some old and new pics of the pubes and wilds I have growing currently.

eximium and cardenasii
RSCN0307.jpg

NIKONL810004.jpg

tovarii and galapagoense
RSCN0569.jpg

RSCN0303.jpg

flexuosum
RSCN0299.jpg

c lanceolatum.... Holy Grail stuff!!! After 47 days I sowed my last couple seeds in a last ditch effort. 9 or 10 days later and this guy hooks. I'm over the moon...that is until I see the seed hull hanging on. Really?? So what do you do when only 1 sprouts out of your 7 seeds and it has a helmet head? Surgery ensued! I weaseled the pinhead sized casing off and everything looked nice and green but in a few hours it started looking rough. Fingers crossed for now. Excuse the cell phone picture here.
2013-02-03_10-40-10_380.jpg

Pubes
2012-12-29_22-15-48_522.jpg

RSCN0573-1.jpg

RSCN0629.jpg

RSCN0648.jpg

Thanks for the compliment. The pots are 5 1/2" or 1/4" cant' remember. I have the same size that are taller also.You can't see in the pic too well but the leaf tips are warped a bit and darker green. Not burned but on the cusp in my opinion.

Thank you Ramon. Can't wait to get pods off of them. Primo plants/pods are some of my favorites!

There are a bunch of pre Civil War iron furnaces hidden in the woods and foothills north of where I live. Here are some shots of my first find,hope to get the time to find more.
DSCN2519.jpg

mill race and pit are in good shape..
DSCN2514.jpg

DSCN2521.jpg

DSCN2529.jpg

DSCN2527.jpg
Very nice! Looks almost like Mayan Ruins, aside from the rock type! Photos are really cool man!

First C.pubescens pod for me! I have others I am more excited about but this is a start. These plants seem to enjoy flourescent lighting.
RSCN2728.jpg

San Isidro
RSCN2717.jpg

RSCN2718.jpg

C.annuum flower....
RSCN2808.jpg

Younger C.pubescens starting to fork..
RSCN2797.jpg

Bode Roxa responding to the HID lighting..
DSCN2799.jpg

Random C.chinense...
DSCN2800.jpg

A lot of topics on topping and pruning lately. I think with proper nutrition and strong lighting,they will branch. This plant is pretty young and tender but branching.
RSCN2807.jpg

Here is an ugly one. My schedule leaves me at the mercy of this,even with 6 hours of fans pounding on them a couple will get edema.
RSCN2802.jpg

@Everyone...... I appreciate all the compliments and read them all. My apologies for responding to you guys like this.

Awesome flower shots, especially the 1st one, reminds me of the amusement ride that "paratroops" down.

I'm glad to see the pubes liking the flouros. Pod town already...nice!

My pubes hated the MH, leaves were burning and curling but once I move a few outdoors in the 40 deg temps.....ouch ! They've begun to flower and perk up. They are protected by the wind and elements in the cold frames. I'm planting them this year in a shady area with minimum direct sunlight but strong reflected late day lighting.

Hey, I even like the plant with the sweat gland leaves....throw that baby a towel next when you're out of town.......... :D

Nice pics. Plants look super healthy brotha! Boo T ful...just boo T ful P-son.

Thanks Dave,I have been lurking in your glog,don't always have the time to comment though.
Awesome flower shots, especially the 1st one, reminds me of the amusement ride that "paratroops" down.

I'm glad to see the pubes liking the flouros. Pod town already...nice!

My pubes hated the MH, leaves were burning and curling but once I move a few outdoors in the 40 deg temps.....ouch ! They've begun to flower and perk up. They are protected by the wind and elements in the cold frames. I'm planting them this year in a shady area with minimum direct sunlight but strong reflected late day lighting.

Hey, I even like the plant with the sweat gland leaves....throw that baby a towel next when you're out of town.......... :D

Greg, I have kept all of the pubes and wilds away from the halide. The chinense and annuums are getting reamed though,it is really amazing how they grow under them. Ugh, sweat glands!! I wish I had a shaking fist emoticom! Sometimes I have to water close together to ensure they don't die while I am away. Having plants at different stages makes it even harder! I can deal with alittle edema,a dead plant is...dead.

Love the flower shots, especially the purple C.pubescens!

How long before your babies go outside?

Your guess is as good as mine!! hah It was 33° this morning with frost. All the old timers in my area say never plant out before Memorial Day weekend. Last year I planted out most of my plants around the 3rd weekend of May,the rest I put in 2nd week of June. I will not plant out until the 2 week forecast shows mid 70s for highs and no less than mid 50s for lows. I won't plant out if a lot of rain is in the forecast either. We get a lot of rain early in the season here. Thanks for checking in Scott.

My fav is the second picture but all great photographs, hat’s off mon \o_

Thanks for the compliments Ramon. You are no slouch with cam Mon! A couple of your "shots" (camera,not rum) have gotten my gears spinning. One in particular with the sink running and the water droplets frozen in time. I always see how people are inspired by others,but they were the ones who did the inspiring in the first place. When the ones that are inspiring are unaware of it,it makes it that much cooler!

Heeheehoohoo

Remember that one eh? :high:

Fantastic shots as usual, Pr0ds! Love the flower shots!

After several attempts at growing pubes, I finally got my first one last season. It is thrilling stuff. :D

That is some mad branching there too!

Gassy,I think you had success with the turbo pube down there????? The pod in my first picture is a turbo. I think I read that they are not as temperamental as others??? Thanks for stopping in,good to see you active again!

Gassy,I think you had success with the turbo pube down there????? The pod in my first picture is a turbo. I think I read that they are not as temperamental as others??? Thanks for stopping in,good to see you active again!

Nah, it was actually the Rocoto Aji Largo I had success with. Interesting to know that the Turbo Pube might have a rep for being a bit hardier though. Might have to sneak it onto my list at some stage. ;)

I am so glad I finally got to try one. The juiciness and flavour I got from the Rocoto Aji Largo was something else!

Wow those are beautiful flower shots! You really capture them well, and they make beautiful pictures. I love the variety of pubescens this year.

Sweet! Pubes under lights! Last time I had pubes under lights I was looking for...ummm crustaceans! :rofl: The flower shots are perfect as always, good to see things warming up a little in your neck of the woods!

A couple of these have a "crabby" disposition. I have them under control but they were always looking too good or too bad for awhile. The first set of leaves on just about every one looked like they were diseased,overfed,or underfed. It was frustrating. They are zigging and zagging all over now. Crazy growth habit!

Wow those are beautiful flower shots! You really capture them well, and they make beautiful pictures. I love the variety of pubescens this year.

Hey Andy,thanks for the compliments! I will have to send you some seeds for next year. I know you like pubescens. The draft is almost here huh? The important one,not the NFL.

Hey Andy,thanks for the compliments! I will have to send you some seeds for next year. I know you like pubescens. The draft is almost here huh? The important one,not the NFL.

Wow, thanks, that would be awesome! Although I'd be intimidated trying to produce plants that even came close to what you've got going on there.

Yeah, I'm excited for the draft. It should be fun, which will be good because I've been pretty stinking busy, so this will be a nice break. And as a Lion's fan, the nfl draft is always depressing - pick in the top 5, yet not be able to evaluate or develop talent. Frustrating...

Back