• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

paranormal activity (the film)

ok this film is being touted over here as one of the scariest horror films ever, and one strap line they use is 'it sacred the pants off america'

Right call of a a cynic but that has to be the biggest crok of shit ever, i mean if it was that good you guys would have been raving about it, unless it sacred you that much you don't wanna talk about it!

Your thoughts.

The film was made for a very small budget so kudos to the filmmakers for making it and selling it... but..... I saw this in the theater and was not impressed at all. It did not scare me, and for this film, you have to suspend disbelief and check it at the door, which I refuse to do. Yeah I know, it's horror, but still. I didn't find the actors credible... they would have freaked out and ran like hell even though the demon was following her. I mean seriously. The demon grabbed her and dragged her into another room.... and they stayed? LOL.

just as i thought utter cack,
Being a cynic a save a bomb on cinema tickets! I like films but there ain't many 'classics' being made now, i mean how many films made in the last 5 years will be called classics in 15 years time? Not many as they all seen to work from the same script

Blair witch project was scary and it only cost a few thousands to make!!!!

I'm talking about the original...The second one was crap!!!

blair witch was alright but i wouldn't say it was scary and i tried to watch it a second time but it didn't work second time, but i think it was more the way that it was promoted the made it what it was

My wife and I saw this and I thought it was fairly effective for what it was but agree that the BLAIR WITCH PROJECT is a superior film.

Never heard of the 1st film, and as far as the BWP, I thought it sucked, and it was filmed in my state.

I thought it was okay.....both of them. For what they were.....quite effective horrors.

Then again....I didn't pay to see either of them. ;)

I'm going to see Paranormal activity tonight so I'll report back tomorrow...

I'm not really looking forward to it but I'm being dragged along kicking and screaming!!!

I'm actually looking forward to avatar coming out in Australia. Looks ok, but could go either way i think!!!

Saw some of it last night via a pirated CD, didn't interest me much at all but then again i was cooking some tender ass steak and dipping it in nearly every sauce that i have :lol: That was much more important, oh and the drinking was rather important also :D

Good to see ya priority nova good man...haha so how many sauces you dipped steak into?? Not seen either am well bad with horrors had bad exp at school with mate with wiji board..

The only film that made me run screaming from the theater was when some chick talked me into seeing Gigli.

The horror...

tristam said:
Good to see ya priority nova good man...haha so how many sauces you dipped steak into?? Not seen either am well bad with horrors had bad exp at school with mate with wiji board..

why did he hit you with it!!! done all that crap as kids, daring each other to go into graveyard in the dead of night, but the best kids dare every must have been getting into the crypt near where i lived when i was in primary school (age 5-11) lets just say even when i pass by this crypt as an adult it send a shiver down my spine (but not in a shit your pants way! just in a weird feeling way)

Watched Paranormal Activity a few nights ago. Booooring. What a disappointment. My wife (who's terrified of scary movies) and I laughed throughout it. 2 thumbs down!

Back