• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Pash Gets Serious

Seeds Started 2/15:
Beaver Dam (4/4)
doux long d'Antibes (2/4)
:confused:
Goccia d’oro (3/4)
Alma Paprika (4/4)
Maria Nagy (4/4)

Pasilla Baijo (1/3)
Buht Jolokia (4/4)

Monster Infinity (1/1) :party:
Yellow T-Scorp (2/3)
Billy Boy Douglah (2/3)
Lg. Yellow 7 Pot (3/3)
Brain Strain (3/3)
Aji Crystal (3/4)
Blondie (0/3)
:cry:
Aji Omnicolor (4/4)
Chiltepin (3/3)
White Fatalii (3/3)
Donne Sali (3/3)
Long Choc Hab (3/4)
Peruvian White Hab (2/2)
Big Ass Cayenne (1/3)
:confused:
Wild Brazil (0/3) :confused:
PI 653748 (2/2)

PI 224444 (2/2)

Started 2/5
Pile of store bought Fresnos (a bunch germinated, took a couple weeks w/ no pre-soak)

Started 1/25:
Jimmy Nardello (5/5)

Start received from Scott at Grow Wurks 1/15:
Trinidad Scorpion R.I.P. 2/24

Overwintered from 2011:
Chichen Itza Orange Hab F1
Red Carabean Hab
Mystery Pepper

Owerwintered from 2010:
Jalapeno

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

After poring over multiple different possible growlists, I finally got my seeds started. It was torturous eliminating varieties from my list, but I am already putting together a 2013 list of all the seeds I didn't get to start this year. Some seeds I started in groups of 4, and plan on giving away all but one plant from each variety to friends and neighbors. In the end, I plan on growing out 30 plants (20 in the ground, 10 in pots.)

I set Feb. 15 as my deadline to get going and at 1am this morning, I put the last seed in it's peat pot. 25 hours prior, I soaked the seeds in weak chamomile tea/hdrogen peroxide using this ratio.

P1010049.jpg

I took this next photo this morning. My smart little labels did not hold up well under the humidity of the dome I had them under. I did make a chart in case my labels fall apart.

P1010052.jpg

Also, I tested the temp and they were at 88 degrees, so I took the dome off and will check the temp again later. My dad got me a Jiffy 72 pellet starter kit that included a heat mat and that's what I'm using.

Thanks Aji Joe, Wayright, hot stuff, Peppermeister, chris-w, stc3248, and the folks of Seed Train 2012 for all the great seeds! I feel like I'm sitting on a gold mine right now!

More later. Cheers!

Cruising through my neighborhood recently, I noticed a couple dried up pepper plants in a neighbor's yard. Then I saw the guy in his garage last week and asked him about the peppers, and found out they were a Jalapeno and a Hab. He was planning on planting more this season and said he likes hot peppers. I told him I'd bring him some plants. So, today I'm taking him these guys, a Buht, Billy Boy Douglah, and a Preuvian White Hab:

P1010056-5.jpg

Also, I'm leaving town until Monday night, so I watered all my plants and raised the lights a bit. I don't have a fan yet, but I opened one of my closet doors a couple feet to let in fresh air. I think they'll be okay.

P1010055-4.jpg

Hey, Pash, thing are really rollin'for ya! Great
set-up and good start to your season! The
Paprika, Maria and the TS are bomb! Good
luck with potting up when the time comes!

Back