• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Passow is GOING to have a good "trip"

I actually grew mushrooms for a little while there. It was a lot of fun. Amazingly the ingredients are (or were) legal in spore form, it was only the final product which was illegal. But man is it ever. A little research into that side of it convinced me to drop it and never look back. Unfortunately I never got so far as trying to breed them. And Gold flakes have nothing to do with potency.

cheezydemon said:
Am I still mild???? damn it
Yep, keep posting :hell:

cheezydemon said:
I actually grew mushrooms for a little while there. It was a lot of fun. Amazingly the ingredients are (or were) legal in spore form, it was only the final product which was illegal. But man is it ever. A little research into that side of it convinced me to drop it and never look back. Unfortunately I never got so far as trying to breed them. And Gold flakes have nothing to do with potency.
Ah, a fellow former grower. Yes, gold flakes have nothing to do with potency, and neither do caps. Psllysybin is equally distributed through the whole mushroom.

I've since considered growing non psilly mushrooms, of the culinary variety. My wife loves portabella and shittake and such. I think I enjoyed growing the damn things as much as the final product.

I haven't grown any for years now but I used to love growing different mushrooms especially over the winter. Patience and cleanliness are very important and that's probably why I quit. Shitakes I grew on oak logs and all the others were indoors.

Different mushrooms need different environments but generally a humid environment with stable temps and some air exchange is needed.

The easiest to grow are oyster mushrooms. They don't need the same sterility as many others. You can actually start them from store bought mushrooms fairly easily too.

Check out Paul Stamets books or his website for good info.
http://www.fungi.com/

Here's some oyster mushrooms I grew from a purchased kit several years ago.

9060473661644f617bcgo5.jpg

cheezydemon said:
I've since considered growing non psilly mushrooms, of the culinary variety. My wife loves portabella and shittake and such. I think I enjoyed growing the damn things as much as the final product.
That's cool! I really want to grow some non psilly shrooms too one day.

Yeah, and if I could make a leap from reading some of your past posts, I bet you would dig home brewing beer. I have been doing it about a year now. It isn't rocket science or even chemistry. Ever tried it?

cheezydemon said:
Yeah, and if I could make a leap from reading some of your past posts, I bet you would dig home brewing beer. I have been doing it about a year now. It isn't rocket science or even chemistry. Ever tried it?
Ya, I want to do it. But don't have the time and money right now. I have done distilling though...that was a blast (some times literally...BOOM...fire!)

Rigt on, one tip though, I gank the plastic water cooler jugs from work when they are empty and those make great carboys, and they are free. I am loving it!

A lot of people think I would enjoy brewing because I like quality beer so much, but I just like drinking beer. I don't want to have to brew it.

Understandable! To each their own. But just so you know, 1 five gallon batch(about 2 cases) takes about 1 hour to brew, and 30 minutes to bottle. Not too much work. Of course the 2-4 weeks in between for fermentation seems like work(patience required), but you don't actually do anything. As I said, to each their own! But for ~$30 I can get 2 cases of beer of better quality than anything you can buy for 3 times the price!(not that saving money is the motivation here, but it doesn't hurt!)
(~baleful glare~ at Pam just cause I can!)LOL

Back