• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Passow Pequins: They live!!

Update ya'll. On one plant today I counted exactly 100 peppers. Almost all on that plant are turning to various shades of dark green to black. On another, about 80. Sadly, the runt has only 14but is starting blossom a bit more. I have at least another good week or more before I may have to move them inside. Temps averaging 55 at night to low 80's during day. I'll be putting them under lights that are full spectrum once they come inside to keep them going and then later will switch to more red to start a second blossoming if necessary.

Cheers, TB.

Hey IGG and anyone else that can answer this question..seems that the bulk of the pequins are going very dark green and the majority to black. Is this a final color phase or is it possible that some will go to red? Seems rather odd due to the seed I got from you IGG, the pepper included was a red. I am confounded. Do I need a team of doctors to conduct scientific experiments on me?

Cheers, TB.

Thanks IGG. I tried one this morning, one of the black ones about 3/8" long. Very sharp pokey thingy burn on the front of the tongue. Very slight vegetal taste, hint of citrus. TB likey!

Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
Thanks IGG. I tried one this morning, one of the black ones about 3/8" long. Very sharp pokey thingy burn on the front of the tongue. Very slight vegetal taste, hint of citrus. TB likey!

Cheers, TB.

Wait till you have a ripe one :lol:

Latest update on the IGG pequins. Lots of little red hots. I have been wanting to make a sauce from them but I can't seem to quit eating them right off the plant. Tasty hot candy!

0129.jpg

0130.jpg

Cheers ya'll, TB.

About a month ago I moved all of the plants outside. Hitting mid 70's then. A week later several cold fronts came through with alot of wind. Beat up the pequins pretty good and I had to cut them way back. Habs too. They've come back fairly well but a bit sickly looking still but.....flowers are coming on strong with about a dozen pequin fruits showing. About 20 fruits on one of the hab plants! I'll be posting pics later. Don't want to experience bad juju by photographing the ladies when they are not looking thier best.

Cheers, TB.

Good to hear they are alive and kicking still. At the end of this season I'll have some new seed off a strain I developed and I'll send you some.

imaguitargod said:
Good to hear they are alive and kicking still. At the end of this season I'll have some new seed off a strain I developed and I'll send you some.

Oh hell ya! Me love you looooooong time!

Cheers, TB.

Man, nice..but I don't grow those cus too $%$#@ hard to pick em all. Esp. when I can buy pequins dried for .62 / 2oz. ;)

Sounds great though. Throw some in the capers eh?

QuadShotz said:
Man, nice..but I don't grow those cus too $%$#@ hard to pick em all. Esp. when I can buy pequins dried for .62 / 2oz. ;)

Sounds great though. Throw some in the capers eh?

Where do you buy your dried pequins? Central Market?

Cheers, TB.

Back