• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Passow's Grow Log 2/25/09 - Drunken Photos, Hidden Seeds

Well, thought I might take a pic of my seedlings:

drunkenseedling.jpg

The only ones that haven't popped up yet are the Cumari (U know who you are who sent them to me.......), and the White Habaneros (which always have had a tendancy of not popping up...they are tricky plants on many levels).

Also, I thought I would post a pic of one of the plants that out Ausie posters (again, you know who you are...you mean person makeing me want a plant....grrrrrr) has posted pics of. An Air Plant (Air Breather, etc etc, this is a Medusa varieity). they are "rootless" plants that asorbe their nutrients through the morning dew...very groovy stuff.

airbreather.jpg

Looks good mate. In regards to the white habs, are you talking about bullet? Cause I had nothing but trouble trying to get my white bullet habs to germinate...

Good start IGG, going to enjoy watching your log.

I started half a dozen white habs and white bullets and nary a single seed peeked through. Bummed me out.

looks like you are getting a good start Iggy...

Hey moyboy and Patrick...where did you get your seeds for the white and Bullet habs? Everybody seems to have trouble with them, and I'm wondering if they're all coming from the same place.

Mine are a pain too and I'm 99.9% sure I got mine from a different source. eBay last year and my own harvest this year. The germination wasn't so bad (85% in 14 days from my own seed, last year was dismal) but the seedlings aren't at all vigorous. They grow great when they're older though.
To be fair, the 2 I kept this year have been outside in the cold a lot and are very stunted from that.

I've grown White Bullets 2 years in a row now and really haven't had any trouble other than slow germination. I got my seeds from Redwood City Seeds in California. One of my favorite peppers for sure, their small size makes it easy to control the heat in any dish. Wonderful flavor.

Yeah, maybe bullets are the way to go. Pretty sure they've been selectively bred by Redwood and are probably hardier.

moyboy said:
Looks good mate. In regards to the white habs, are you talking about bullet? Cause I had nothing but trouble trying to get my white bullet habs to germinate...
Yep, White Bullets.

AlabamaJack said:
looks like you are getting a good start Iggy...
Thanks.

Pam said:
Hey moyboy and Patrick...where did you get your seeds for the white and Bullet habs? Everybody seems to have trouble with them, and I'm wondering if they're all coming from the same place.

This is my second attempt to grow them. The first time I got it from a member here (NagaNegro I thik it was), then this time I got it directly out of some fresh pods.

Good luck with those cumari. All of the ones i put in a paper towel germinated, but they took awhile cause they're so small. Only 1 of the 2 I planted lived though...the 2nd one sprouted but just kinda stayed that size. It's still alive(well, standing up at least), but not doing anything at all.

I hope my one living plant produces cause I was really excited about that variety.

Got them from www.peppermania.com so dont blame me lol.

Txclosetgrower said:
Good luck with those cumari. All of the ones i put in a paper towel germinated, but they took awhile cause they're so small. Only 1 of the 2 I planted lived though...the 2nd one sprouted but just kinda stayed that size. It's still alive(well, standing up at least), but not doing anything at all.

I hope my one living plant produces cause I was really excited about that variety.

Got them from www.peppermania.com so dont blame me lol.
I wasn't planning on growing it until that nice package from you showed up in the mail, so I won't be dissapointed if they don't sprout. ;)

Fire Angel;167317][QUOTE=patrick said:
.... going to enjoy watching your log.QUOTE]

Hmmmm .... I'm not gonna say it.......

"that's what SHE said"

Ok.. I did!

HAHAHAHA!!!!

I got mine from Beth too.

Hi Kim! Good to see you again. I was hoping if I gave you an opening you would pop up.

Josh said:
Differet version. They also sell the white bullet, but this version looks more white than cream. Still undecided though. I really shouldn't pack anymore plants in.

Real Chileheads don't let common sense stop them from packing in Just One More Plant!

patrick said:
Josh, I think they make you buy either six or 12 of them before they'll ship.

I believe you are right. My friend Tim wanted to take a ride there to get both peppers and tomatos. I figured if he is going I might as well take a trip and check it out.

Josh said:
I believe you are right. My friend Tim wanted to take a ride there to get both peppers and tomatos. I figured if he is going I might as well take a trip and check it out.

I hate you.

*~pouting~*

Back