• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Passow's Kava Experience- Read as it happens!

Got this sauce from the now defunct Sauce Cartel. It's a Cayenne based sauce called Experience that has Kava root in it. Tastes pritty good, medium heat. But this isn't about the sauce (MODS: this is not a sauce review, please do not move it to the hot sauce review section, this is about doing Kava).

Kava root is a legal root that causes various effects (from numb tongue to intense dreams, to relaxation). Max of Sauce Cartel said if you really want to experience it, make up some tomato soup and put half the bottle in it.

So that's what I've just done and I am writting this as I eat. Tastes pritty good, unlike some other things I've eaten (*cough*cough*peyote*cough*).

So this will be my little thread about kava and I will post as new things start to happen as long as I can. Feel free to share any stories you might have if you've tried the root out.

kava.jpg

So what happened to the Sauce Cartel anyways? I wanted to pick up a bottle of this and i couldn't get in touch with them.

Sickmont said:
So what happened to the Sauce Cartel anyways? I wanted to pick up a bottle of this and i couldn't get in touch with them.

Last i heard there was some bad mojo going on with the two owners in August. There website is no longer there. I just sent CaJohn an email asking him if he knows (since he knows the guys).

UPDATE: I finished the bowl of soup about three minutes ago and now i have his strannge sugary taste in my moth that wasn't there before....interesting!

Wasn't kava kava pulled from the market as an herbal supplement a ways back because some woman took massive doses and suffered liver damage?

Pam said:
Wasn't kava kava pulled from the market as an herbal supplement a ways back because some woman took massive doses and suffered liver damage?

Ya, that was in the UK. It was b/c they were using the leaves as a filler in the pills. Turns out it's only the stuff above ground (stems, leaves) that causes liver damage in large quantities, but the root does not.

That was one thing I made sure of when I got this product was what exactly went in. It's just the highest quality root that was used, nothing more.

MrArboc said:
Passow has aborted the experiment and went looking for a new liver...

More like my liver has aborted me and went looking for someone who doesn't drink as much. :lol:

UPDATE: Some light confusion is going on akin to having three drinks of beer or being slightly stoned on pot. Instead of turning the key to the right in the door I turned it to the left, stuff like that but nothing really major at this time.

imaguitargod said:
Ya, that was in the UK. It was b/c they were using the leaves as a filler in the pills. Turns out it's only the stuff above ground (stems, leaves) that causes liver damage in large quantities, but the root does not.

That was one thing I made sure of when I got this product was what exactly went in. It's just the highest quality root that was used, nothing more.

That's good to know, because it's a good herb to help control my insomnia. It helps break the worry cycle I fall into sometimes.

I know a guy that tried it with campbell's tomato soup, his cock fell off, just don't use campbell's

DickT said:
I know a guy that tried it with campbell's tomato soup, his cock fell off, just don't use campbell's

OH DEAR GOD! I USED CAMPBELLS SOUP FOR THIS!!! AHHHH!!!

: thump :

FRANKY!!! SPEAK TO ME FRANKY!!!!

Pam said:

At first various kavalactones from the plant's bark were held responsible for the liver toxic effects. Newer research points to kavain, the main pharmacologic substance of the root, to be liver toxic as well. In Germany, UK and some other countries kava was banned as a medical drug.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/98389.php

imaguitargod said:
Would love to see what doeses caused the damage. not much info in the article on their procedures....

I'm not quite sure but as far as I remember the critical dose was about half a bottle of hot sauce...:hell:

imaguitargod said:
OH DEAR GOD! I USED CAMPBELLS SOUP FOR THIS!!! AHHHH!!!

: thump :

FRANKY!!! SPEAK TO ME FRANKY!!!!

Did Franky make it or did he have one of those DO NOT RESUSCITATE
'thangs on his drivers license?

:envisions IGG rubbing 2 metal high voltage paddles together:

:CLEAR!!!:

Cheers, TB.

Armadillo said:
I'm not quite sure but as far as I remember the critical dose was about half a bottle of hot sauce...:hell:

texas blues said:
Did Franky make it or did he have one of those DO NOT RESUSCITATE
'thangs on his drivers license?

:envisions IGG rubbing 2 metal high voltage paddles together:

:CLEAR!!!:

Cheers, TB.

ROFLMAO at both of you!

Back