• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Passow's off to Vegas!!

Well, I'm off to Vegas. My flights at 5, so I'm going to leave for the airport (I'm taking public transportation...ugh) at 2:50. My parents, Heidi and Richard, are meeting me there from Cleveland on a joint venture to look for houses and celebrate an early birthday (that would be my birthday, not theirs). I am hoping to hit up the local hot sauce shop, The Sweat Shop. Also up on the things to do list is to hit up two of the local breweries for some fresh, tasty, unpasteurized beer….mmmm…. unpasteurized beer.

So as they say, “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas”. Hmmm, I wonder if that includes arrests for attempting to climb the Luxor….

IGG...with any luck, I'll catch up to you tomorrow at or close to, the Luxor.
No climbing gear allowed. I'll look up a couple of bail bondsman for you.

Oh yeah...Happy Early Birthday mate.
Cheers

Missed hooking up with Passow today. With any luck I will get a pic of the Mullet Man tomorrow. Gambling? Dude that takes money! My gal takes all mine and leaves me only enough for beer and guitars. Its a cruel world.

IGG...I got smoked fish bro!!

texas blues said:
Missed hooking up with Passow today. With any luck I will get a pic of the Mullet Man tomorrow. Gambling? Dude that takes money! My gal takes all mine and leaves me only enough for beer and guitars. Its a cruel world.

IGG...I got smoked fish bro!!

"ONLY" enough for beer and guitars. is there anything else to buy?

Ross...yes there is....guns!! On at least one occaision I bought a gun, put it under the spare bedroom bed for a couple months, let it gather a little dust and...voila! "honey..dang, I forgot all about this gun. I've been lookin' for this thang' forever. Forgot I put it here." She never knew!
Then there's also amps! A little harder to hide. While I have better amps for the class, I am jonesin' for the new Fender Champion 600. Big boom boom in a little box!
Then there's beer! Did I mention beer? Or more fly fishin' gear? Anyone know how I can hide a boat under the bed? How about a small brewery?

texas blues said:
Ross...yes there is....guns!! On at least one occaision I bought a gun, put it under the spare bedroom bed for a couple months, let it gather a little dust and...voila! "honey..dang, I forgot all about this gun. I've been lookin' for this thang' forever. Forgot I put it here." She never knew!
Then there's also amps! A little harder to hide. While I have better amps for the class, I am jonesin' for the new Fender Champion 600. Big boom boom in a little box!
Then there's beer! Did I mention beer? Or more fly fishin' gear? Anyone know how I can hide a boat under the bed? How about a small brewery?

ahahhahah that is he best thing i have read in a while!

guns, how could i forget? :)

need me one of those sig 226s.

I just got back. I had a good time (I'll talk about meeting Leslie in the other thread). It was a good trip. Didn't get any good meditation done when I was in the luxor, so much negative energy in that city, ugh.

I hit up two breweries, spent $5 on a few slot machines and won it all back. My mom won $25 and my dad lost $6. I lounged at the pool, drank beers, ate good food and generally had a good time.

I was mentioning to my mom how I really hate LA...oddly enough, 5 minutes after I get back into Hollywood I lucked out of getting mugged. It was almost as if the city was saying, "Why are you here? You don't belong here with the crime and grime of this city."

imaguitargod said:
I was mentioning to my mom how I really hate LA...oddly enough, 5 minutes after I get back into Hollywood I lucked out of getting mugged. It was almost as if the city was saying, "Why are you here? You don't belong here with the crime and grime of this city."

Yikes!

I guess you're ok, but that must have been scary!

POTAWIE said:
Did you meet elvis?

Dude, it's impossible to go anywhere near Vegas or Memphis and NOT meet Elvis(or, rather his evil impersonators/imposters....we used to call 'em the evil Elvi)

Pam said:
Yikes!

I guess you're ok, but that must have been scary!
Ya, a little. It hit me after the fact.

POTAWIE said:
Did you meet elvis?
Nope, but I saw an impersonator.

xgrafcorex said:
that sucks about the mugging.. otherwise sounds like a decent trip you had. any luck reach the peak of mt. luxor? :D
I was coming back from their pool and stopped right next to where the pryamid starts. I looked up and down and thought, "I could actually do it". I decided not to, but boy, what a show that would have been.

And for everyone to see, here are the parental units, Heidi and Richard. (my mom had just finished getting dressed for bed after a long night of drinking...did I mention we got kicked out of a bar?)

parentsmd3.jpg

it good to hear you met up with your parents for a get together, even if it was a short one. since you both live several states away. I have a feeling one day you might move back to ohio to be closer to your parents.

chilehunter said:
it good to hear you met up with your parents for a get together, even if it was a short one. since you both live several states away.
3,000+ miles away :cool:

chilehunter said:
I have a feeling one day you might move back to ohio to be closer to your parents.
I have a feeling of that too, but not Ohio that for freakin' sure. That state is D-E-A-D. They are actually wanting to move out to Las Vegas, hence the trip they just took. My mom needs to be out of the type of enviroment that Ohio has due to her allergies. She needs a dry enviroment such as Vegas or Arizona.

I am looking to move out of LA though. I'm quite sick of it and the people (superficial). I'm thinking of moving into a commune. I have my eye on one in Oregon currently.......

imaguitargod said:
I'm thinking of moving into a commune. I have my eye on one in Oregon currently.......

Hopefully not one of those "communes" that drink the magic kool-aid to get a trip onto the flying saucer heading for the Nanunanu galaxy........

Move here to New Mexico!!! Mrs. DD could help you with that....She's a real estate mogul.

(Side note) don't use my cell #...I don't have it anymore. If you need my home #, PM me.

Back