• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

PaulG 2016

Okay, back in the saddle again.  I checked out of this forum last September,
when my wife and I went on an 8-week vacation.  We had a blast, then I came
home to two months of yard work to catch up on, and holiday season to
contend with   :doh:   

I just this week finished grinding up all the dry pods from last season.  Managed
to get my seeds in to soak on Jan. 15th, and into the Jiffy Pellets on Jan. 16th.
I'm going for fewer varieties this season, but 3 or 4 plants of most varieties that
I grow out.  No small pod peppers this year, just too labor intensive for the results,
although I have some awesome small pod powders laid away.   Speaking of which,
I have so much powder I'm considering packaging and selling some this summer.  
I'm going to try to sell my fresh pods this Fall, so maybe no more powder production
until I need some, and then, just my favorites.  

2016 grow list and germination record:

Pod name                                             Source                                               seeds sown            germinated  

Aji Amarillo ................................ Peruvian Market, 4th gen. ................................... 6 ......................... 6 ................  100%
Yellow Scorpion......................... SpankyColts 2012, 4th gen. ................................ 9 ......................... 7 ................    77%
Scotch bonnet, TFM ................. Trippa 2013, 4th gen. .......................................... 9 ......................... 6 ................    66%
Fatali ......................................... Peppermania, 2012, 2nd gen. ............................. 9 ......................... 9 ................   100%
7 Pot Burgundy ........................ Sawyer 2014, 2nd gen. ....................................... 12 ......................  11 ................   92%
Red Rocoto .............................. Peruvian Market 2015, 1st gen. ........................... 6 .......................  5 .................    84%
JA Red Habanero .................... Devv/WalkGood 2014, 3rd gen. .......................... 12 ...................... 12 ................  100%
Bhut Jolokia Red ..................... SpankyColts 2012, 3rd gen. ................................ 12 ...................... 12 ...............  100%
Primo ....................................... MGold 2012, 2nd gen ........................................... 6 ........................  6 ...............  100%
Mystery Cross ......................... Trippa, 2014, F4 .................................................... 9 ........................  9 ...............  100%
Scotch Bonnet, Chocolate ...... GaGrowhead 2015, 2nd gen. ............................... 9 ........................  7 ................   77%
Padron ..................................... Spain 2015, 1st gen. ........................................... 12 ...................... 10 ................   84%
Bhut Jolokia, Chocolate .......... GaGrowhead, 2nd gen. .......................,................ 6 .......................  5 ..................  84%

Total ........................................................................................................................ 117 .................. 105 ...............  89.7%

The first seeds began germinating on Jan. 22nd and continued until Feb. 5

1/29 - First watering of earliest germinating plants

2/2 - Begin light fertilizer routine on older seedlings:  Cal-Mag, 1 tsp / gal.
                                                                                          AK Fish Fertilizer, 1 tsp / gal. 
     - Start fan on taller seedlings

Cool list.
Wishing you good luck with the grow!
But anyway, like you need luck when you've got so much knowledge! Will be following for sure!
It's nice to see you back in the saddle again!

Hi Paul glad to see you here my grow has been revised do to death grow starter mix (also known as mg starter mix) & other factors
All & All probably for the best
Wishing  you the best this season ;)

Noah Yates said:
Good luck!

Are you going to participate in the growdown this season?
chocolatescotchbonnet said:
Good luck! You joining the growdown this year?
Not sure, yet, fellas.  I don't think so, since all my containers are 
spoken for by the 39 plants I'll have this season.

az1000 said:
Good luck.
Ozzy2001 said:
Good luck this season!
moruga welder said:
Good Luck with your grow , bro !      :onfire:
Thanks, brothers  - Hope you all have a great season.

tsurrie said:
Cool list.
Wishing you good luck with the grow!
But anyway, like you need luck when you've got so much knowledge! Will be following for sure!
It's nice to see you back in the saddle again!
Thanks for the kind words, but luck always figures into the equation at least a little!

The list is small, but consists of my favorites from the past four seasons.
It's good to be back on the forum, though I'll probably complain about not having
enough time to dedicate to following everyone's grow logs!  

Good growing your way, my friend

BearDown said:
Great varieties... Looking forward to following your progress. Good luck!

Many thanks, Bear.  Hope you have a great season, as well.

Thanks, Ronaldo - going to ChiliFest next Fall?

Plantguy76 said:
Hi Paul glad to see you here my grow has been revised do to death grow starter mix (also known as mg starter mix) & other factors
All & All probably for the best
Wishing  you the best this season ;)

Thanks, bro - will check out your grow log to see what's going on.  I've found
Black Gold Seedling Mix or Jiffy Pellets to work best for me.  Get about the
same results with both.  My germination rates really shot up when I started
using a heat mat.

Good luck going forward.

Jeff H said:
I'm in. Glad to see ya back Paul.

Thank you, Jeff.  Hope your season is off to a good start.

Noah Yates said:
Ahhh!! But 39 is an odd number... do you not find 40 a much more elegant number?  :party:

It is, but elegance is not one of my strong suits   ;)

Essegi said:
Great to see you Paul! Good luck but i'm sure that this will be again one of the best glogs here!

Thanks for the welcome and kudos, you are very kind, indeed.

I hope you have a stunner of a season, as well.  Your pizza creations
are getting better and better; the pics are mouth-watering good!

Back