• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

PaulG 2021

Links to my Grow Logs:

Trippaul Threat Community Grow
Purple Thunder Community Grow
Wild, Indeed Community Thread

Just getting this page of urls up so I can
start the next season's grow log. 

"Welcome to the New Year/ New Season!"
duckling.jpg

Cool looking micros Paul. I might grow a few over the Winter. You got any favorites yet?
Cool looking micros Paul. I might grow a few over the Winter. You got any favorites yet?
These were my favorite five from the twelve I grew last season.

”Lots of pods on the ripening trend!”
C04DA1E7-6533-4F1E-A8C7-3C2878CE79D2.jpeg

Last edited:
Lovely micros Paul we've had the problem with Squirrels although it hast been a Extra hot summer here we haven't had much rain and I've noticed young squirrels eating anything which we haven't had before.
Well at least those micros will be delicious soon enough.🙂
I think you are right, talas. Maybe there is a case
of mass psychosis in the squirrel community.

Hoping I can get these to the table…

Picked a few Padron peppers. The small ones taste
great roasted or sautéed, with little heat. The larger
green pods can be spicy, and the red ones can pack
a punch, and make a great powder.
EB9D35F6-AC96-4ACD-9C33-1EF3C37DFEA9.jpeg

Padrons are just great peppers and understimated by many growers till they try some there all-round use and taste changes people's minds quickly,my daughter's favourite she grows at least 4 plants every year.🙂

Last edited:
Lol yep Many years ago my brother invited me for a BBQ and he was flaming some jals and padrons I'd had a few green ones with no heat before but I noticed he had kept the red ones for me and yes i had a bit of a shock to say the least.😳

Lol yep Many years ago my brother invited me for a BBQ and he was flaming some jals and padrons I'd had a few green ones with no heat before but I noticed he had kept the red ones for me and yes i had a bit of a shock to say the least.😳
:eek: caught me by surprise the first time I tried one, as well :rofl:

The Chili Costa Rica has had a strange year. First, the
growth tips would set a bunch of pods, then the new
branches would grow up around the pods. Also, the
pods are conical and orange instead of round and red.
I used the same seed from THSC as last year, so it's not
a cross from my grow.

I'm not complaining, it was still an awesome ornamental.
Hard to resist growing one every season.
271F062C-0046-432C-AD4A-0287D37B642F_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes ornamentals are hard to resist,that' a nice one but try hard my friend and resist or.. just grow a few quietly.😂

The Chili Costa Rica is hard to grow clandestinely,
@talas, but I'll probably sneak one in sometime in
the future!

A little walk on the yellow side…

Bath Boyd Scotch Bonnets. Some decent pods
ripening up. Lots more on the plant.
76D1DD49-33BF-464A-8CA7-6355E2B500BA.jpeg

Still waiting for the gnarlier Fatalis to ripen, but these aren’t
too bad. Many pods mostly ripe still on the plant, and lots of
green ones.
7049BAC6-2891-4212-9967-A44F820DC953.jpeg

Color looks like a sun dried cayenne what's the taste like?

Yaki blue fawn look wonderful Paul with there consistant shape and bonnets are great to have for the flavor and Tasi blacks are one of my brother's favourite chilli's.
Fatalis look great buddy and all I can see when I look at your grow this year is flavor yum.🙂

my taste buds suck, but I think they are a little bit
sweetish, maybe a hint of smokey back end, but I
may be totally wrong. Around Cayenne or a little
better heat.

Sounds like it might make a great powder!

Excellent round of pod pickin Paul!

Yaki blue fawn look wonderful Paul with there consistant shape and bonnets are great to have for the flavor and Tasi blacks are one of my brother's favourite chilli's.
Fatalis look great buddy and all I can see when I look at your grow this year is flavor yum.🙂
Great suggestion, @talas. I'll throw a few in the dehydrator.
It has been a good season for bonnets, for the PNW. The warm
nights really kicked the chinenses in gear. Of course, the wild
preatermissums are still flowering and setting pods. I've never
seen such long-winded plants! It would be cool if they would
ripen a bit faster.

Nice looking pods there Paul. I especially like the Beth Boyds and the Fatalii's! I grew some seeds that I saved from last years "red" Beth Boyd's. (see my avatar) This year they were all yellow. They have let me down twice now. Last year I was expecting them to be yellow like Beth Boyds are supposed to be, but I came to like the pretty red color and taste. This year I was expecting them to be red and well........they were yellow! I wonder what next year will bring?
No fatalii's for me this time but maybe next year. I had a bumper crop of orange habanero's this season and I tell you it's hard to beat them. I have many jars fermenting in the cabinet!

Back