• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Peach Habaneros

I'm growing some Peach Habaneros this year , first time. Is this Habanero called Peach because of the color , which is said be to a little orange. Or is it because it has peach overtones in it's flavor ?

Thanks and Peace,
P. Dreadie

Thanks SouthernYooper ..... They didn't say it had a peach taste , but on the sweet side which would be nice. They talked about the Peach color. On my Mac it didn't look all that Peach colored but I get it.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

I am also growing one of these so I would be interested to know when you finally get ripe pods. I'm pretty sure you'll have them long before I do ;)

it's because of the color. they are a lighter almost creamy orange. as for the flavour, there are no peach tones to it but they are sweeter than orange habs. yield is pretty good to. you'll like them. those and mustard habs are hard to beat.enjoy.

naganumbness .... Thanks. Mine are still very pale green. These where plants that dropped a lot of leaves overnight. They look like crap .... but they are putting on tons of pods.From what I've seen I beat a good liking plant from the start would be great yielder.

Thanks,
P. Dreadie

My peach habanero plant had me worried for a bit that it wasn't the right one, because some of the peppers were formed upside-down (which was strange to me, since I've only ever seen habaneros hanging from the plant...). They start out light green, which is true to the description. I just noticed today that one of them is *finally* starting to ripen. Still too early to tell what color it's ripening to, hopefully to peach if there wasn't a mix-up.

my peach hab is definitely a great producer. it's basically a really pale orange color and like what is mentioned above, they started out a lighter green than typical habs. this pic looks more orange than they actually appear. A nice plant overall.

PeachHabJuly302010.jpg

Very nice plant. They are hotter than you expect with a fruity flavour. The plant produces a good number of pods. very prolific and is a nice colour to have in your garden. this is the first year in three i havent grown them. Next year will bring them back.

Peach Habs are great. Very fragrant and, as said, one of the sweeter chilli's around. It does mean that they are not suitable for all purposes, but they are superb in the right dish.

One of the two plants I overwintered, the other being a Choc Hab - two more differing chillies (in terms of flavour) I think you will struggle to find - but two I would not do without.

Ballzworth ...... Great photo. I hope mine turn that color. Neil's didn't seem to have that color. Very nice looking pods.

Thanks & Peace,
P. Dreadie

Dreadie, I grew a single plant this year and and it produced plenty of pods, and as someone else said, a pale orange, with less heat than a bog-standard Orange.

ah yes the peach hab

there one of my favorites for flavor THERE DELICIOUS!!! my first favorite Hab is the "JAMAICAN HOT CHOCOLATE"

im actually friend with the fellow who invented the "PEACH" strain, JAMES WEAVER OF KUTZTOWN PA. IT TOOK HIM A FEW YEARS TO ISOLATE THE STRAIN BUT THANK GOD HE DID THERE YUMMY!!!

THANKS YOUR FRIEND JOE

I had my first peach hab this past week and it was a very good tasting pepper with a fair amount of heat. They look great and it's something I could share with others and not have them chasing me with pitchforks afterwards! ;)

I am growing a plant as well. Not close to having any pods yet though. I bet due to the sweetness they might play well in a mixed fruit melange.

My peach hab finally ripened, and to peach as intended. I can't wait to try it. The only problem: Which to try first? I have a Chocolate Habanero, a Red Dominica Habanero, a Peach Habanero, and a Burkina Yellow Scotch Bonnet all lined up... and I don't know which to try first... decisions, decisions!

Wasatch .... That's about the color of mine now. To me they still don't look very Peach colored. I've been waiting to see if they get more color. Maybe I'll just try one now.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

Back