• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pee on your plants?

I did it last year, diluted it out to 10%. Urine has the majority of plant nutrients found in human waste, and doesn't have to be composted. It seemed to work ok but I still had to add phosphorus and calcium. This year I'm just using a GO box kit from GH.

Now let me get this straight...you would not drink a glass of pee, would you?

So why the hell you gonna piss on your pepper plants?....

Try telling someone that you pissed on your plants when you are about to give them some fresh peppers...

Even the thought of it is pure nasty to me....yes, I pee in the yard but never on my plants...

I wouldn't use it.
There are always different recalls in the grocery stores because this or that bacteria is infecting jalapenos or other veggies.
Most of the time it gets linked to the pickers taking a pee or dump in the fields.

Smokemaster, I did a search and could not find a case linked to human urine. Hepatitis A can be spread via produce (scary) and survive the shelf life of most vegetables (again scary). It also is excreted through urine of infected people. As far as I could tell it is the only possible pathogen that could be linked to urine in the field. Yet I could not find a case where it happened.

I just don't think it happens and it doesn't happen with healthy people. Feces is different because essentially everyone's feces is infected with bad stuff.

If it was just me and my family I would have no problem feeding my plants with my lizard spit. Because I share my peppers I don't do it. I don't believe in tricking people into eating thing they wouldn't otherwise eat. It is actually a hang up of mine.

Remember we are not talking about foliar feeding. I would not drink pee, compost tea, miracle grow nor would I eat dirt or compost. I get where people are coming from but I think you are worrying about the wrong things.

i've just pee'd around my garden before not pee'd on plants.
Don't need kids asking daddy why veggies taste funny.
Old man (has planted a garden for 60yrs) told me to try peeing around the OUTSIDE of my garden and it should help keep deer away- reapply after rain.

Over in China they collect "nightsoil" from all the homes in communities to be spread out in the fields.

I use it as fertilizer. Urea is one of the forms of nitrogen that's very easy for plants to use. That, and urine contains trace minerals that also help. I'm lazy so sometimes I'll just piss in a gallon jug instead of walking to the bathroom. Let that "age" in an airtight container for a little bit, then just pour it in my miracle-gro feeder and water like I normally do.

Pure urine will kill plants, too much nitrogen and other chemicals, not to mention that urine has salts in it. It has to be diluted.

you would not drink a glass of pee, would you?
Depends. Does what happens in Vegas really stay in Vegas?

You can drink a glass of pee and be fine. It's only on the 3rd or 4th trip through your kidneys that pee really starts to get bad for you.

Now let me get this straight...you would not drink a glass of pee, would you?

So why the hell you gonna piss on your pepper plants?....

Try telling someone that you pissed on your plants when you are about to give them some fresh peppers...

Even the thought of it is pure nasty to me....yes, I pee in the yard but never on my plants...

I agree to NOT use urine as there are so many FERTILIZER choices.

With that said, Urine is 95% water and 2.5% Urea N, and 2.5% minerals, ect... That is nutrition......

You would not give your plants N and water?

What you taste is not what you fed your plants, but what your plants were able to do with what they were fed.

:clap: to science.

Why waste whats available for free and has the added bonus of repelling dear and other critters. Animal manure and urine is used all the time just don't piss directly on your plants, or at all if you're on antibiotics or many other meds. Organic fertilizer sources always sound gross but its just nature. Look at all the nitrogen fertilizer out ther made frrom urea

Depends. Does what happens in Vegas really stay in Vegas?

You can drink a glass of pee and be fine. It's only on the 3rd or 4th trip through your kidneys that pee really starts to get bad for you.
Sounds like someone watches Bear Grylls too much. :P

well....ya'll can piss on your plants or use piss to fertilize and it's OK with me....but just the thought of it makes me cringe...that's one reason I started growing my own stuff...

just a point....and I don't know about other states....but if you are a commercial farmer in Mississippi, the farm hands are not allowed to piss in the fields...it's against safety standards....I don't think they would make laws against it if it were OK to do...or maybe the people that make the laws feel like I do....IDK?>>>>>>

Sounds like someone watches Bear Grylls too much. :P

2ep4uo9.jpg

I used to pee on the compost pile all the time, it can't really hurt anything to do it on your plants once in a while. Now that I live in town though it'd be a little more awkward...

"Howdy neighbor!"

:rofl:

My only reservation about peeing directly on your plants is the sort of diet you eat can have a direct impact on nutrients found in urine. It may be okay for people who have a healthy, balanced diet, but for those on medication or those who consume, I don't know, excessive amounts of a particular food (I have to wonder what drinking a pot+ of coffee does to my urine), there may be long term buildup of things you don't necessarily want in your soil...

And as long as you, you know, rinse your vegetables before you eat them, you shouldn't notice any off tastes... did you ever stop to think how disgusting rain is? It's picking up every pollutant that happens to be floating around in the air when the cloud condenses. You don't see people freaking out about rain on their plants...

Back