• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Pepper Guardian Pictures

I walked by my Aji Limo in one of my self-watering buckets this afternoon and spied a pepper guardian, and thought that it might be fun thread to start in the lounge.  People post pics like this all the time, and I often get a chuckle out of what shows up.

Guardians unite!

Upon closer inspection, there was a bonus Guardian.

sN9UIKW.jpg

CaneDog said:
Looks a bit like that roach just got hold of him and's about to unload the left.

The lizard gave a dizzyingly quick little shake, and the roach ended up like that.  I've got a video of the lizard walking around, and the roach is dangling by its neck goo.  It's pretty freaking hilarious.

Gotta say, S7, looks like FLA not WA.

Not many anoles in WA. Wish we had some, instead of the reclusive skittish honery skinks.

Great photos tho. Especially the freaky dotted spider.

fishhead said:
Gotta say, S7, looks like FLA not WA.

Not many anoles in WA. Wish we had some, instead of the reclusive skittish honery skinks.

Great photos tho. Especially the freaky dotted spider.

Thanks, mate!  Definitely my FL home, not the WA.  Out here, my only wild friends are crows.  Absolutely amazing creatures, they are.
You have some kind of lizards out here that aren't skinks.  They look more similar to the Curly tail that I posted in the last pic. (which by the way, is domesticated - she sits on my leg and eats from my hands)  I don't have a pic of one, but I have a pic of one of its cousins from NoCal.  The ones here in WA and northern OR look just like this, but aren't as dark, and don't have the colors on the bottom.  If I had a garden here, I'd want plenty of them around, though.
50194611892_9d0b0f31c5_c.jpg

50193804178_47feb0ce0c_c.jpg

Back