• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Pepper People are the Best

Just wanted to say pepper people are Awesome. I am totally new to hot peppers.  Hell I ate my first Butch T this year and fell in love.  Thanks to great people like wicked mike and Scorched I have tried at least 50 varieties since. I am even growing about 35 plants 20 different varieties in my spare bedroom as we speak lol. I have met alot of wonderful people on this forum and received so much help it humbling.  Now with that said told Scorched I had all the supers I could handle for now and to send me a mfrb of something a little less intimidating and this is what I got 
0926151048.jpg
0926151036a.jpg

Man Tony you are the best!!!

There's so much appreciation around this thread for growers and sauce makers sharing the love that I thought I'd say thanks for something else.
     I'm growing a bumper crop of tomatillos this year (not hard - tomatillos are the honey badgers of the plant kingdom - they don't care, they just go nuts) and have been needing to find a recipe for salsa verde. Instead of taking my chances on using a recipe from a questionable source on the internets, I was hoping to find one here. Lo and behold, Jeff H posted a status update about canning a bunch of salsa verde today. I asked him for the recipe and, BAM, a little later he updated his status with it. 
     It may seem like a little thing, but I really appreciate it. Not only is it a recipe he said he's made five times (probably a keeper), but just being a recipe from a contributing THP member tells me something. THPers know cooking and they know spicy. My quest for a recipe is over. I will now make salsa verde with confidence. 
     Thanks for taking the time to test a recipe and writ it up, Jeff! Pepper people are the best!

I would like to start this out by saying thanks to Guatemalan insanity pepper, the user is very generous!
    I have to say I was a big fan of the papaya butter, I expected it to be dull in flavor, but it was actually sweet and flavor full - I would use it on toast, English muffins, and in sandwiches.
   The next thing I received from him was cherry jam, it had a flavor of cranberries. I think this jam would go well with turkey, chicken, or some type of poultry. 
   The next the he sent me was Cherry Jelly, it tasted sweet and had a stickier consistency . I think this jelly would go great on, sandwiches, English muffins, and ice cream.
   The final jelly he sent me was a passion fruit - pear jelly. It holds its edge better than the cherry jelly, the flavor is not as sweet as the other jellies, but it does taste good. I used it in a peanut butter and jelly sandwich instead of grape jelly and it tasted better than grape.
  He also send me a very generous pack of seeds - he sent a lot of pepper seeds, and pumpkin seeds which I grew and got a pumpkin that was pretty large ; it crushed the stem before I could fix it, but it was at 40 lbs which could have easily gotten to 60 lbs.
  I also received a box of pods, which were great! He gave multiple of eat pepper so I could taste them and save seeds for them.
Thank you for letting me try all of these wonderful goods!

Justin W is one of a kind !!!

And Adam aka Bhuter is also an amazing grower with the generosity to back it up . He sent me one of the most splendid SFRB's I have ever seen . 

Thank you beyond imagination

IMG_4756.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

I have been wanting to try the farmers market jal for quite some time now . Thank to Adam I can now say I gave and it is delicious 

IMG_4757.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

One more shot of these amazing pods !!!!!

IMG_4753.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

FEEL THE LOVE UP IN HEA!!!

Surprise pepper bombast from jcw10tc - a thing of pure beauty.  You've got stardust coming my man!!   :D

331p2lf.jpg

BUT IT DOESN'T END THERE!!

GiP and I were chatting the other night and I asked to sample some of his award winning jam.  The box that arrived really illustrates what's so great about this community: stuffed to the brim, not only with what I was interested in trying but also a bunch of powder blends, small jars of pickles and a whole bunch of pods to boot!  All the cream and white varieties will be aged and spun into my ongoing white pod hot sauce project.  ;)

2q208l0.jpg

Amazed and humbled guys.  For real.   :clap:

Back