• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Pepper People are the Best

cone9 said:
Grant - Did you like the CF?  I've grown them for three seasons and they're one of my favorites.  A unique Fatalii for sure, fantastic flavor(IMO) but no heat at all that I can detect.

Mike - Are those derived from the seed I sent you a couple years ago?  If so, they came from pods grown by Silver_Surfer in 2013.  I find it interesting that they are devoid of heat.  There are a couple vendors I've seen list Cream Fatalii seeds but they describe them as very hot.  Aside from a few THP posts there is little reference to the variety.  I've not encountered this pepper, that I'm aware of, other than this strain that came from SS.  I actually bought the peppers from coheed196 who was selling off SS's 2013 grow.  You can see them in post #1 here:  http://thehotpepper.com/topic/42374-silver-surfer-pod-sfrb/

I'd be interested to know if anyone has this heatless CF that they know did not come through SS.  I like the pepper so much I've sent seed to many THP members since late summer of '14 (when I first grew them).  Wicked Mike is a CF convert and I'm sure many people have gotten them from him - his are the SS strain via my 2014 grow.

Yea they are from the seeds you sent me. also the cardi yellow and queen laurie i'm growing this year. Of the two cardi yellow plants one's throwing huge red pods. 

RandyP You sir, Rock!

I bought a box of Red Savinas and check out what he crammed in the box with them...

The biggest Scorpion I have ever seen!

104_9544.jpg

i received some very tasty peppers with a neat story behind them from Rawkstah :)

as retold to me:
"I got them from a member here who isn't very active anymore.
Here is the story"
"They were bred solely for personal use by a family in Vietnam and were never named. They were brought to the USA when a young bride from that family married an American and moved here to join him. This same young woman later gave me some of those seeds she brought, asking nothing in return. After growing them out and learning of their origins, I sought to name them and offer them to the greater community here. With their permission, I named them for the first chilehead to show me the generosity so common among us. Her name is Nhu, and these are Nhu's peppers. "

here is a picture of what's left... figured i better take a pic before i forget and eat them all :)
08.26.16%20RAWKSTAH%20peppers_zpsgpztjqvw.jpg

well these peppers are delicious ! :drooling:

sweet with just a bit of heat, great fresh, and would probably make good flake/ powder too :)

thank you Rawk

PPATB

:cheers:
GIP

Back