• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pepper plants are dying from Tropical Storm Lee

Well guys, my plants that i had in my dad's garden are not looking good from the weekend of heavy rain and some wind... My plants in my garden are fine, but these seem to be taking the turn for the worse. It sucks because these plants were going to make tons more pods. :(

Douglah
IMG_0289-1.jpg

Trinidad Scorp Tree lol
IMG_0290-1.jpg

IMG_0291-1.jpg

IMG_0292-1.jpg

Some of the peppers off of the plants!
IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

I know the pain!!

I lost about 30 plants when Irene came through, fortunately I planted a lot more than I needed.

:(

You should put a disclaimer in the title of your thread, those pictures hurt to look at. On the other hand, it looks like you have gotten a decent harvest so far. Good luck bringing the plants back to good health.

:shocked:
Wow.. I'm sorry to see that.. I always wish he had weather like you do and the areas around your state.. But after seeing what the hurricanes have been doin to peoples houses, plants, etc. Well.. I think I'll be alright with our 80 degree hurricane free summers.. Best of luck to you. keep us posted.
Brandon

do you have any friends in the area that have experiences
with this and know any results?

the strip the fruit you have off looks like a good start
maybe try to cut the plants back to six or so
stems about 15 inches long and see if they will be able to "regroup" and "regrow"
:crazy:
if the soil is really wet it may benefit to drill some aeration holes to get some oxygen and drainage there
:crazy:
another strategy may be to chop as if an overwinter
and cut the roots down to little nubs and leave
just a few nodes on just one or two stems

maybe try a few different actions and report back about what works

i think the weather in trinidad is really wet from time to time
and that is where lots of our favorites come from
i wonder what the hey they would do?

please try something and report back successes :dance:

Man, I am so bummed for you. Your plants were so incredible. Maybe all the whipping around from the wind damaged the roots...I watched the wind from Lee thrash all my plants around pretty hard, but the worst damage I had was some dead branches. You were a lot closer to the eye, however, so I'm sure you had much stronger wind.

At least the fruit is okay. And we're forecast for plenty of dry, sunny days coming up. So, yeah, they could come back.

Back