Pepperfreak's 2010 Season kicks off

Thanks guys...The peas are really sweet and I tried an Inferno Pepper last night and it was out of this world. They are going to make wonderful stuffed peppers and canned pickled peppers.

Woohoo! I just got 3 Hungarian peppers (1 sweet and 2 infernos) Plus a Jalapeño pepper. The season is well on its way now. I would have left 2 of the Hungarians on since they are still not quite ripe yet, but they were dragging the ground and I have found that peppers that drag the ground tend to rot.

Now that's one of the best excuses I've heard for picking unripe peppers. Dragging on the ground.......

Things are looking good for ya Pfreak. How's life back in the rat race treating you?

Now that's one of the best excuses I've heard for picking unripe peppers. Dragging on the ground.......

Things are looking good for ya Pfreak. How's life back in the rat race treating you?

Things are going okay, well...as good as they can for being back to work. It's a funny thing that while I was off, I was wishing that I was at work. Well, I can tell ya that I don't know what the heck I was thinking cause now that I'm back, all I wish for is to be off again. :lol: Seems like I can't win for loosing.

All those plants and herbs are looking soooo good!!

You have me all excited about the Aussie season starting up again in a few months.....

Holy smoke! Have I neglected this thread or what??... Well, I have pretty much neglected my garden as well and I'm surprised that I got good harvests this year. That just proves just how hardy peppers plants are. Next year at least I won't be repairing and painting the house, so I can devote ALL of my time to the peppers.

Here goes some eye candy for all of you to enjoy, picked today.

Tepins and White Habs
MyGarden2010090.jpg

Bhut Jolokia, Chocolate Bhut Jolokia, Tabasco and Fatali
September2010009.jpg

I just finished putting them all in the dehydrator and now the house smells so heavenly despite a huge box fan in the window next to the dehydrator. I tried a Tepin laced Bloody Mary the other day and was quiet surprised how much I liked it. So far I have had Tepin, 7-Pod, White Hab, Chocolate hab, Fatali and Tabasco Bloody Mary's. I'm thinking of trying a Bhut Mary next.

I just finished putting them all in the dehydrator and now the house smells so heavenly despite a huge box fan in the window next to the dehydrator. I tried a Tepin laced Bloody Mary the other day and was quiet surprised how much I liked it. So far I have had Tepin, 7-Pod, White Hab, Chocolate hab, Fatali and Tabasco Bloody Mary's. I'm thinking of trying a Bhut Mary next.

Do you use the dehydrated pepper in the Bloody Mary or fresh? I can see a new coffee table book with large color plates, Bloody Marys with Pepper.

VERY NICE CROP, PF!

Thanks, this was the second/third picking and hopfully the rest of the pods ripe before the frost gets here.

Fine harvest and beautiful shiny pods.

Thanks, I just love the various colors.

Do you use the dehydrated pepper in the Bloody Mary or fresh? I can see a new coffee table book with large color plates, Bloody Marys with Pepper.

I grind my dehydrated peppers into a very fine dust and usually use this in Blood Marys. Or, I use some pepper concentrate if I have some around, which i usually make a batch or 2 a year.

Back